This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by ARCHE.

• Author
     ARCHE
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been trying to optimize the speed of my website and I started with changing the my web host provider….. which gave me some remarks:

COPY CODE
    ============
    This page has 13 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
    This page has 5 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
    ============

I can’t understand why because in the Theme Options, in Modules and Speed section I selected them to be COMBINED. Can anybody help, please?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

This feature combines the theme CSS & JS, if you would like to further combine WordPress core, plugin and miscellaneous scripts you should try the Autoptimize plugin by Frank Goossens which you can find for free here https://wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/.

I ran your site through GTmetrix and generated this report for you https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.archicostudio.com/xyIEuiwM. There are a couple of items to address – opening each item reveals information on how to address these.

When I access your site from the USA I get a first load time of 1.3s and a repaint time of 0.9s which is a very respectable page load time for both.

You may wish to consider adding a free or premium SSL certificate to your site as it will allow you to use HTTP2 which can download files in parallel instead of one at a time.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

ARCHE
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

From Europe my average page load time is 6seconds and I would like to improve it if possible.

As per your suggestion, I installed autoptimize but I now get a 500 error on my website. Does this plugin have any conflict with Kleo? Thank you in advance.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

There is no conflict between the two, I and many of our customers use the plugin on their KLEO based sites.

If you’re still receiving the Error 500 you can use SFTP / FTP or your hosts file browser to navigate to /wp-content/plugins/ and delete the folder that contains the autoptimize plugin. This will restore the site if the plugin is the cause of the Error 500.

If this plugin does not work for you in your setup you can try searching for and using one of the many other free options available under WP Admin > Plugins > Add New > Search: ‘Combine JS’, ‘Combine JavaScript’ or ‘Combine CSS’

Where is your server located? What is your target audience (Country)?

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Kieran_SQ

Also, if you look at the waterfall chart here https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.archicostudio.com/sdN0zibc you will see that 30.11s of the load time from the UK out of the total 32.10s was loading one file in particular.

This is a cache file from W3 Total Cache, it may be worth checking your settings in this plugin to see if there is an issue – or trying a different caching plugin altogether.

Kieran

ARCHE
    Participant

Hi again,

Not really sure what caused the 500 Error, but my host said they increased PHP max time to solve this issue. I don’t get this error any longer and I kept Autoptimize plugin installed.

If I keep ‘Optimize JavaScript Code’ option ticked, I get the error in the attachment.

Is Autoptimize some in conflict with W3 Total Cache? Because there are some HTML, CSS and JS minifier options in there as well.

My server is in the US, while my target is mostly in Europe (Greece and Italy, in particular) and I believe the page loading time could be much better as the website size is quite small and I keep really the necessary plugins, pages, etc.

Through GTMetrix, I notice that the report (from London UK) shows good values: above 90% for both PageSpeed and Yslow. But when I run it directly on Google PageSpeed I get a 35% score also due to the images optimization that can’t be recognized. For this, I had already downloaded Google optimized images and transferred them directly one by one via FTP, aside from having activated EWWW Image Optimizer plugin.

Could you please help me on these things? Thank you again…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You should use one or the other in regards to minification – personally I would go with Autoptimize and disable the specific options in W3 Total Cache.

With regards to the Google Page Speed Tool, the results it gives are quite unreliable in general – GTmetrix and/or Pingdom will give you a much better insight into any issues.

If you’re already optimizing the images with a plugin you can safely ignore the issue within the Google tool or try another plugin to see if another gives you better results. The other issue it reports is eliminating render blocking CSS and JS, you can enable the advanced settings of Autoptimize to handle this for you. See here for more info https://aoxoa.co/inline-defer-render-blocking-css-autoptimize/

Without login details I cannot set those options for you, but you should try settings the options for Revolution Slider as per my attached screenshot in WP Admin > Slider Revolution > Global Settings.

Overall, where you server is located, your web page loads exceptionally well (as discussed earlier). It seems that most of the issue, for you, is coming from having a server on a different continent – does your host offer a server location closer to you?

Kieran

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ARCHE
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I have logged into your account and resolved the Revolution Slider issue and it no longer displays the error as per the instructions given in screenshot.

Thanks,

Kieran

ARCHE
    Participant

thank You!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?