This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by investa.

• Author
     investa
    Participant

Hi, this is a continuation of a resolved matter where I was querying why

1. my blog comments weren’t appearing in my main (everything) activity stream (although they do appear if you click filter to comments only)
    2. Commented on posts did not push back to the top of the activity stream but stayed in the original chronological position i.e. 4 week old posts replied to 2 hours ago remain in the 4 week old position in the feed

– apparently these are intended buddypress actions.

However, I have now noticed that my blog comments aren’t nesting/stacking/threading despite that being ticked and marked as 5 deep in the settings > discussion section. So if someone replies to a comment, that reply appears directly at the bottom of the list, as another comment, not as a response thread, nested beneath the thing it is replying to (hopefully you can understand that rather garbled explaination!).

If any one can offer me some code, advice or suggested plugin to resolve any of these issues I would be really grateful ??

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

investa
    Participant

Cheers Laura

Radu

Hi Investa,

In first instance, you need to verify if some plugins causes this, go to wp-admin -> plugins -> disable all except : buddypress,visual composer,k-elements and woocommerce after thatclear/flush your serverside cache and the your browser cache,then recheck the points 1,2 and 3.

Also this issue can be caused by some function that you have added in wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php or some php file that you have added in child theme.

Let me know

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     investa
    Participant

Hi Radu, sorry for the delayed response. I have been driving myself mad trying to resolve this issue:

1. I followed your instructions, even tried deactivating all plugins except buddypress. No success!
    2. Tried using the twenty-sixteen theme with and without plugins (except buddypress). No success!
    3. Tried removing some functions code I’d got from here to place news ticker in header (although this issue preceded that code) – still no success!
    4. Spent hours searching google reading lots on it may be a database error – which would be beyond my ability to fix!
    5. Eventually I have been able to get the blog post comments to show up by unticking/unchecking the following in the buddypress settings page:

‘Allow activity stream commenting on blog and forum posts’

Completely counter-intuitive but hopefully this will help someone else. It also solved another of my issues where @[username] mentions weren’t receiving notifications. All very strange but at least it now works 🙂

Radu

Hi investa,

It’s good if you have get rid of the problems, i’m glad about that.

Have a nice week

Cheers

Radu

investa
    Participant

Out of interest is that a default performance or unique to my site?

Radu

Website performance depends by the environment, if you want to optimize for speed your site check this article : http://seventhqueen.com/blog/code-snippets/the-definitive-wordpress-speed-guide-step-by-step-easy.html

Cheers

investa
    Participant

Not sure that comment was meant for me. I was enquiring as to whether UNchecking the ‘allow activity stream commenting on blog and forums posts’ was the normal way to get comments appearing? It appears to do the opposite of what it says.

Radu

Sorry for misunderstanding,

Normally the options will turns on if you CHECK the option not UNCHECK the option, so when you check this option “Allow activity stream commenting on blog and forum posts” you will be able to have this functionality.

On your side is inverse ?

Cheers

investa
    Participant

Yes – I thought that seemed peculiar! I’ve tried deactivating all the plugins it doesn’t seem to be a conflict but I must have done something wrong somewhere. Oh well at least it work ??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?