This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     surrealer
    Participant

Hello,

I wanted to setup the complementary fields and got a big issue – many of my members are bisexual.
    How do I setup this scenario?

I need something like:

Profle:
    -I am “female” looking for “both”

That should match with :
    1. males looking for females
    2. males looking for both
    3. female looking for females
    4. females looking for both

and not match with:
    1. males looking for males
    2. females looking for males

I’m sure many other have this problem – where is the point to even have a choice here when both is not possible?
    straight and gay/lesbian is possible but bisexual not?

I hope you have a solution for this.

Other than that it’s a great theme so far.

Kind regards

Arne

Radu

Hi,

Complementary fields mandatory matching it’s used for the matching feature not for searching profiles. (see screenshot)

To can increase the matching value when two or more fields are matching you will have to check the fields mentioned by you above in the Matching fields & Percentages area (see screenshot)

The profile search form fields can be managed under wp-admin -> users -> profile fields.

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     surrealer
    Participant

Hi Radu,
    exactly – I want the correct matching for bisexual user like in my example above.

If one is bisexual, it has to match for males and females!

Greetings
    Arne

surrealer
    Participant

Please provide me a fix for this. We write the year 2018 and being bisexual is as usual as being straight 😉

I added screenshots to make clear about it!

Looking for needs to have added both! I could go through the code on my own – but it’s your product and will be a way easier for you to find.

Also it’s something you really should integrate in your product.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

There it’s no quick way to add another complementary field… i will ask the developer if there it’s a quick and reliable way to do that.

I will let you know those days.

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     surrealer
    Participant

Here is a solution – but you should build it in your theme!

Add “Any” as option to the “Looking for a” profile group and rename it to “Looking for”
    (remove the a at the end of looking for)

Open: sweetdate\custom_buddypress\bp-functions.php
    Change Line 2139 to:
    if ( ( $field1_u1 == $field12_u2 || $field12_u2 == "Any" ) && ( $field12_u1 == $field1_u2 || $field12_u1 == "Any" ) ) {

Done 🙂

Radu

Glad if you had solve it, we had developed a new theme that contains also two complementary fields.

It will be released in future.

Cheers
    R

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?