This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by deniscgn.

• Author
     deniscgn
    Participant

Hello,

I need to know, it the profile extra fields dropdown (see snaggy image) creates automatic a numbered value like 1,2,3,4,5 etc.

So that in the match the “Complementary Fields” only compare the value 1,2,3,4,5 no matter what is written in the label.

https://snag.gy/Uwe1Sq.jpg

Am I right, that the comparing is abut the value, not the label? OR is the label also the value? That will be very complicated for me.

Cheers,

Denis

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I’m not sure I entirely understand the question. Your screenshot shows a profile field but complementary fields refers to Theme Options > Profile Matching.

If I understand correctly, you’re asking about complementary fields from theme options? If so then you should have two sets of fields, both of which contain the same data. The best example is ‘I am a’ and ‘I am looking for’ and it will match off of those fields. You could have any number of options within the profile field and it will continue to match, it doesn’t need to be two options.

If this is not what you meant then please provide further details so I can assist you better.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

deniscgn
    Participant

Hey Kieran,

yes it is about the “Complementary Fields” comparing the profile field. I need to know what exactly they compare.
    The TEXT (word/label) itself like.

Label | Value
    Man 1
    Woman 2

I am “MAN” “WOMAN”

or does it compare any other Value that is created under the hood…so the text/word/label does not matter

Label | Value
    Man 1
    Woman 2

I am “1” “2”

Cheers,
    Denis

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

By default you can’t differentiate between label and value in profile fields. However, I would presume that it searches off of the value not the label as the label can change and the value may be present more than once and therefore have a different ID.

For specifics on how BP Profile Search does it’s magic you’d have to open a support topic on the plugin forum here https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-profile-search.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

deniscgn
    Participant

Hi,
    thats what I think, too. I will contact the plugin author.
    Thanks,
    Denis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?