This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Catalin.

• Author
     FD
    Participant

We’re having a bit of an issue with our website. The problem is this: when you sign up, you are sent a confirmation e-mail to verify that you’re not a spammer. Supposedly, you would have to click the link in the e-mail, but it turns out that’s not the case.

Users are now automatically logged in after registering and won’t have to do anything to verify their e-mail or identity, other than a simple captcha form. Thus, they are free to spam our real users.

Any tips on how to stop this?

kevcoulter
    Participant

I have had the same issue. I went on holiday, came back to literally hundreds of spam accounts that didn’t require email verification

kevcoulter
    Participant

what I did do was delete these, and then add the BuddyPress Honeypot plugin to fool spam bots into filling out a hidden (to us) field. It seems to be doing the trick. I’ve doubled up with a simple CAPTCHA to for extra protection 🙂

Catalin

Hello,

Please take a look at this link:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/wangguard/

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     FD
    Participant

Hi,

We’re already using WangGuard, but the problem keeps occurring.

Thanks,
    PÃ¥l

Catalin

Hello,

Please take a look at this:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/disable-email-password-confirmation-to-new-users?replies=10

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?