This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by mitchcan.

• Author
     hma
    Participant

Hello,
    yesterday, I had a line issue on a page which is now gone this morning, after turning My PC on back again.
    But here is an issue I am having due to a plugin, althrough very good (Group Email Subscription), but makes groups boxes strangely behaving…
    This doesnt apppear for non registered as they are not member to any of the groups by definition,and they don’t have access to group email sucriptions options.
    And When I wish to click ton the options email of one group he uis a member of . He it not working.
    See
    one user : andre
    pass : 1234567890

Also, one question, Is there a way to show the user name link and profile photo nearby one article post when one user is posting, in a multiuser blog ?
    Best regards,
    Hervé

hma
    Participant

here is one picture

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hello,

For the first problem, this in not a issue, this is a default behavior of Group Email Subscription, you cannot subscribe by email to a group without being part of it.

Regarding the second one, please post a screenshot with the exact place where you want to make the changes.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     hma
    Participant

Thanks,
    In fact, the issue is that you cannot even see the groups you are in, because the email options are persisitant ion the group vision, and u cannot close these.

For the second question, i just would like to have a multi blog section with photo of each writer just left or right of the article title.

Thank You,
    Hervé

Attachments:
     hma
    Participant

OK, you were righton point 1;
    It is not an isssue. I can close the boxes
    Thnks,
    Herve

Attachments:
     Radu

Hello,

You can show post meta by navigating to pages find blog normal page, edit then ( see screenshot )

Cheers.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
     hma
    Participant

Thanks a lot,
    done. Have the link to the profile writer. is there a way toi get the picture of the writter as well ?
    Hervé

mitchcan
    Participant

Hello,

I’d like to jump in here, as I am having a related issue. In some of my Groups I am not even able to see the ‘close’ option on the Group email overlay – see the attached screencaps (if they don’t have a long enough description). Even on ones with a description that makes the box longer, a user is not able to tell *which* Group they are clicking buttons on (unless the close it and then reopen it – not really user friendly).

Is there a way that I can css the boxes to make sure that the Group name at least shows until such time that the user decides what to do?

Thank you.

Attachments:
     Radu

Hello,

Please provide that URL and a dummy account to take a look closer.

Cheers

mitchcan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hello,

I cannot view the email settings for groups, its plugin deactivated or something ?

Attachments:
     mitchcan
    Participant
     Radu

Hello,

Yes i do that, but anyway i cannot see email options like in screenshot.

I think is caused by that user role, if you login with that dummy user you see the email settings ?

Try to create another user with different role.

Attachments:
     mitchcan
    Participant
     Radu

Hello,

With this quick css fix it should work

COPY CODE

#buddypress #groups-list li div.action .generic-button {
    display:none;	
    }

Let me know if is ok.

Radu

Use this CSS code instead the code from above, its more specific.

COPY CODE

#buddypress #groups-list li div.action div.group-subscription-options {
    display:none;
    }

mitchcan
    Participant

Excellent. That second version was much better. This at least allows me to not display that email options overlay, but still have the user be able to click to make email changes.

Thank you very much!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?