This topic has 19 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     amine
    Participant

Hello

I have install plugging nav-menu-roles to have control on the menu navigation for different user role http://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-roles/.

however I am getting the following error

Nav Menu Roles has detected a conflict with the following functions or classes: kleo_custom_menu. Please see the FAQ for more information.

I look forward for your help.

Thank you

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, yes we used some customizations to the default menu settings for the Mega menu option. If you want to disable add this code in your child theme functions.php

COPY CODE

add_action('after_setup_theme', 'kleo_remove_mega_menu', 11);
    function kleo_remove_mega_menu() {
      remove_theme_support( 'kleo-mega-menu' );
    }

Also until 1.5.1 version replace these two file contents with the ones attached:
    – wp-content/themes/kleo/functions.php
    – wp-content/themes/kleo/lib/theme-functions.php

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     marceldennisxp
    Participant

For the next update can you make this plugin work with your kleo mega menu? I also have this plugin installed which is giving me the same error and would love to be able to show menu items by user role.

Abe
    Keymaster

We will take a look at it. Right now KLEO is compatible with https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

marceldennisxp
    Participant

Great! Thanks for the suggestion but I will wait for the nav menu plugin compatibility since it’s easier and has more menu functions.

Patagonia
    Participant

It seems they changed it to have both plugins work together, see
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/does-this-work-with-nav-menu-roles-plugin?replies=13

Do they both work now with Kleo? Might need to test the dev version from github.

Cheers

Patagonia
    Participant

See also the updated faq: http://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-roles/faq/
    KLeo team, it states:

Workaround #1

Shazdeh, the author of Menu Item Visibility Control plugin had the genius idea to not wait for a core hook and simply add the hook ourselves. If all plugin and theme authors use the same hook, we can make our plugins play together.

Therefore, as of version 1.6 I am modifying my admin walker to only adding the following line (right after the description input):

COPY CODE
    <?php 
    // This is the added section
    do_action( 'wp_nav_menu_item_custom_fields', $item_id, $item, $depth, $args );
    // end added section 
    ?>

I am then adding my fields to this hook. Ask your conflicting plugin/theme’s author to do the same and our plugins should become compatible.

So some work on your side might be needed.

marceldennisxp
    Participant

@patagonia I have the 1.6 version and yes you are correct that the author has to make adjustments on his end for the nav menu plugin to work with the mega menu. Right now I still get an conflicting error unless I disable the mega menu which I don’t really want to. On the other hand the nav menu role plugin would solve tons of users issues with redirects…menu visibility both desktop & mobile etc… This is a very simple but powerful plugin that needs to be compatible with this theme.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, we added an action like @patagonia suggested here http://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-roles/faq/ and seems to work.

Please replace the contents of this file until the next update with the content from the the one attached to fix it.

wp-content/themes/kleo/lib/menu-custom.php

---

Attachments:
     marceldennisxp
    Participant

Great!

Sriahciboon
    Participant

Just posting to confirm this does work!

Abe
    Keymaster

Super. Thanks for your feedback

---

Mj
    Participant

Confirmed, it’s working.

jwgarrett
    Participant

It works for everything except custom menu types. Can you get it to work for the custom menu types as well?

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Try with v1.6.1 coming tomorrow and see how it goes

---

Kieran
    Participant

Hi,

Can I just confirm exactly what I should put into the child theme functions to get nav menu roles to work?

Thanks.

Kieran
    Participant

Ignore me, I was being dumb. Sorted it.

Thanks.

jwgarrett
    Participant

I have installed 1.6, but still having the same issue. How did you sort it out Kieran?

Kieran
    Participant

This https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/conflict-with-the-following-functions-or-classes-kleo_custom_menu/#post-20677 added to theme functions in child theme worked a treat for me.

Either by logged in, logged out or role

Abe
    Keymaster

in 1.6 the nav-menu-roles plugin should work without code intervention since the change given by me to menu-custom.php it is included in the update

---

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Conflict with the following functions or classes: kleo_custom_menu’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?