This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     cloganjr
    Participant

Hello. I am having trouble setting up my email from the contact page. I can receive the form via email, however when I reply to the email I do not know where it is going from there.

I set up test for the contact form and it arrives a my company email. I replied to my test email that was submitted on the form and I did not receive a response.

The test person filling out the form used a gmail account.

Basically I want to communicate back and forth with the customer.

I hope it not too wordy.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Contact form has this set by default in the From field: [your-name] <[your-email]>
    which means your email appears to come from the person who sent the email. It is all about configuring the plugin. You can put in the From field your wordpress site email

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

cloganjr
    Participant

Thank you for your response, it does not appear to working.

On the Back End: Edit Contact form -> Mail -> To: customercare@streetsofblue.com -> From:
    customercare@streetsofblue.com.

Is this set up properly?

I received the mail after submitted, but I cannot reply to it. I want to be able to go back and forth with the customer via email.

Abe
    Keymaster

You need to leave the default Contact Form 7 setting since it puts user email in the From fields so you can reply to his address. I don’t know what you did there. In you email program you can see to whom you are replying

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

cloganjr
    Participant

Ok I will put it back to the default From field. But I will still have the problem that I originally had. I can receive the email from the User, but when I reply the User does not receive it.

What should my To: and From: configuration look like?

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, This is how default settings look like: http://d.pr/i/F39s
    When replying to client email could be a problem with your mail or something, I can’t think why it is related to wordpress

---

cloganjr
    Participant

Abe, thank you so much for you time and patience. I believe I figured it out.

I am using a sub domain; .info instead of my .com website. The reason for that is I want to fully develop the new design before replace my current and active website. In other words I do not have an email package for the .info because I am only using it as a placeholder until I am done with development.

I hope this is the problem, but I will not be able to verify until development is complete.

Abe
    Keymaster

With pleasure, It should work then, it is related to your email domain/provider/program

---

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?