This topic has 16 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Laura.

• Author
     Real
    Participant

Hello,

I try to import buddypress profile fields and I receive this error message : “Could not import. Please make sure you have Buddypress installed and activated.”

Buddypres is installed and activated

Wher can I add / change profile question?

Thanks

Laura

Hello, please go to Users – profile fields. Check if they are there, if yes then you can ignore that:)

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Real
    Participant

Thanks,

If I would to translate preofiles question, what “PO file” can I do translate?

Laura

Hello, go to Users – Profile fields to change anything related to them

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Real
    Participant

Hello,

Somes field are translated in French but some fields are not. Yet in the French language file, they are correctly.

Why?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, you can edit the field to translate it, by default its imported in English but can be edited easily as users, – profile fields. If some are in French then maybe our French translation has some translated

Real
    Participant

Hello,

My website is Bilangual (French – English)

Why some fields is set in English and when I switch my site in French the fields are translated via the po file?

Thanks,

Real
    Participant

I use WPML for switch to French or English

Laura

Hello, maybe this helps https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-multilingual/
    It all depends if wpml support profile fields of buddypress, because our theme does not manage languages , its related to wpml and buddypress

Real
    Participant

Hello,

Why the po file provided with the template, translate the profile fields? But not working

Laura

Hello, it only ADDS profile fields, these fields are added after demo install so they can be translated before install not after, to change them you just need to go to Users- Profile fields and change it there, they are not multilingual not because of the theme but because buddypress does not have this feature

Real
    Participant

Hello,

In Users- Profile fields, I see in “AGE” section, month in French and when I change French to English, I see month in French or English dependig of the language selection.

I don’t change it, but the month are translated in the PO file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, date fields are automatic, i was talking about dropdowns 🙂
    Those are date selectors and they are able to be translated with po files but other fields that you can edit not

Real
    Participant

Hello,

I have contact WPML support and he explain how can I translate buddyPress fields in that topic:
    https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-of-profile-fields-in-buddypress/#bbp-new-topic

Laura

Hello, does it work for you? If it does let me know so we can add it to our kb 🙂

Real
    Participant

It work correctly, all fields are translated in the good language.

Laura

Understood, glad its resolved!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?