This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     LeonGeb
    Participant

When I log in with a (male) test account and view the front page with another browser or inkognito browser it doesnt show 1 in “male online”.

I checked the settings with elementor:

Field: Ich bin  (I am)
    Value: männlich (male)

LeonGeb
    Participant

Ok i just found out why.

When I change the values for gender. the profiles which already had a decision kept the old ones and therefor where not included in the counter.

Is there a way to force the change? maybe with a cron?
    Or at least can I force the user to update the profile?

Radu

Hi,
    Great if you had figured out,

You can force users to complete the profile using this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-force-profile/

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Radu,

The plugins doesnt seem to work.

I have changed the gender terms into “männlich” instead of “ein mann” and the older profile containing “ein Mann” is not redirected to the profile editor even though it shows “empty”.
    In the testusers profile it still shows “ein Mann” maybe thats the reason its not redirecting, because the addon recognises it as complete?

Is there another way to force this or update the entries to fit to the changes made?

Best regards,
    Leonido

LeonGeb
    Participant

Kieran just told me that this plugin has not been updated for over 5 years.
    it also seems to make problems with your theme (refer to ticket 216508

Best regards,
    Leonido

Radu

Hi,

The plugin works, did you had even tested ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     LeonGeb
    Participant

Dear Radu,

I know you probably have to handle a lot of people who know shit about wordpress, basic procedure, troubleshooting or project management. But please do not make the mistake thinking I am one of those people.

Do you really believe I will waste my time posting an answer to an issue that is bothering me for over a week now without having backed up by testing it?

I have tested it after you made the suggestion and I told you that it is not working and also provided a possible reason why it is not working. If I had not tested it, how would I get that information?

I could ask you “have you even read my response” but lets just not go there ok?

Best regards,
    Leonido

Radu

Hi,

I’ve asked that because i test this one frequently and yeesterday before writing to you i’ve tested again to make sure i provide clear indications.

Below it’s a screenshot from my wp install using that plugin, i cannot browse nowhere i’m locked into that edit profile page

So personally i don;t have any pre-maden code snippet that checks if all profile fields are completed and if not to make a certain action, evey time this plugin was the solution.

If you need especially a code snippet solution i recommend you to ask on the buddypress forums for this or to hire a developer to make that exactly how you need.

from buddypress community similar needs :

https://buddypress.org/support/topic/force-user-to-fill-empty-field/
    https://buddypress.org/support/topic/how-do-i-enforce-users-to-complete-their-profile-before-they-can-access-content/

Most sure you will encoutner same issue uning any wp theme that shows that this it’s not a theme thing.

Also not sure why you so mad,just because i’ve asked if you tested ? knowing the plugin works for me because tested before replying to you, i just try to help you.

Cheers
    R

LeonGeb
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

No problem!

Yes exactly plugin checks if the field it’s empty or not, nothing more, the plugin cannot know if the fields are up to date..

So if you had changed the existent fields names that are not empty the plugin will not have effect cuz they are not empty…

So there i don’t know a certain plugin that notices user to update the profile fields… but you can send as admin a notice to all users explaining the situation and asking them to re-updated the fields.

The users will see a notice similar to this.

Have a nice day
    Cheers
    R

LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thank you. Apparently, I have no other options than going with this.

Best regards,
    Leonido

Radu

Hi,
    You’re welcome
    Have a nice day
    Cheers
    R

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?