This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     kiphughes
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to create couple profiles using BuddyPress/Kleo? A couple can be male + male, male + female, female + female, etc. I would need to be able to implement a search for this, also. Meaning, members should be able to search for just males, just females, male + female couples, etc.

Thanks,

KIP

Radu

Hi,

Yes it’s possible first you will have to create buddypress fields from wp-admin -> users -> profile fields that users will complete these on his profile then take a look at this video how you can create a form to can choose your desired values and search for these.

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     kiphughes
    Participant

Sorry, the answer is not clear to me.

I was thinking that a member, for example, might have the following member fields:

name_1
    age_1
    gender_1

name_2
    age_2
    gender_2

I understand that I can create these custom member fields. I just don’t know how something like that would be searchable. If a member fills out the fields like this:

gender_1 = Male
    gender_2 = Female

— OR —

gender_1 = Female
    gender_2 = Male

How can I create a search form that will search for Male + Female couples? Or just a Male? Or just a Female?

Is there a demo of my scenario I can see somewhere?

Radu

Hi,

I’ve made a example video to simulate how you can search for field values, if you pay atention to the video you will figure out how it works : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwbEpsOEVGV2htS1k/view

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     kiphughes
    Participant

Radu,

Thanks for the video. It does not show “couples”. Rather, it allows the searcher to specify his/her gender and what gender he/she is looking for.

A “couple profile” is one member who represents a couple (e.g. a husband and wife, or a gay couple, or a lesbian couple). So, the search I want to support is more like this:

– I am a MALE searching for a MALE + FEMALE couple

Does that make more sense now?

Thanks,
    KIP

Radu

Hi,

I’ve provided you an example to see how you can search by fields values, just create a new field for the option that you want or also you can create a field with this kind of values: MALE + FEMALE couple,FEMALE + MALE couple.

Kind of

Cheers
    R.

kiphughes
    Participant

Radu,

Now, you are suggesting that I need one field to represent:

– Male
    – Female
    – Male + Female
    – Male + Male
    – Female + Female

In my previous message, I hinted that I see them as being two separate fields, like:

gender_1
    gender_2

Assume that the above two fields are fields for the BuddyPress member.

Radu

Hi again,

With the video presented i’ve show an basic example setup, if you need more fields just add the fields that you need in your desired combination after that you will have to create the form with your desired fields in you wanted order then users should complete profile with the requested details and that’s all.

The informations that i have provided to you are sufficient to understand the logic.

Cheers
    R.

kiphughes
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

You should create all combinations that you need

Filed names example :

-Male
    -Female
    -Male + Male
    -Male + Female
    -Female + Female

And they will be shown all…. and only who are interested by options will be checked if you select select box…

And for the search you can use two pages couple search and individual search in that you will paste the form shortcode.

To search works the profiles should complete the new fields added to can be shown in search

Cheers
    R.

kiphughes
    Participant

Sorry, can you please explain what you mean by:

You should create all combinations that you need

As mentioned, and as demonstrated on our development server, we have profile fields that have two gender fields (e.g. gender_1, gender_2). Each of the gender fields is a drop down of “Male” or “Female”. We will have some members who will only set gender_1 field, while other members will set gender_1 and gender_2 fields.

Radu, can you please have another team member take a look at this problem. I’m not sure if you are fully understanding our problem. We would really like a solution soon.

Thanks,
    KIP

Radu

Hi,

Using fields like this : Woman + Woman, Woman + Man, etc… can be a solution see this example video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwUGlteTdtNU9mUG8/view

Another example using another filed in combination with couple field here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwdTlQeDdYYnZMUUU/view

You can create in combination any field that you need but to can appears in the search members should complete that new fields.

Let me know if it’s clear or not after this reply

Cheers
    R.

Radu

Hi,

Using fields like this : Woman + Woman, Woman + Man, etc… can be a solution see this example video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwUGlteTdtNU9mUG8/view

Another example using another filed in combination with couple field here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwdTlQeDdYYnZMUUU/view

You can create in combination any field that you need but to can appears in the search members should complete that new fields.

Let me know if it’s clear or not after this reply

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?