This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     mitchcan
    Participant

Hey,

First a dumb question… should a Featured Image added to a Custom Post Type show in the theme on a BuddyPress activity stream?

I have a Featured Image metabox (set through the CPT UI plugin). I’ve added a featured image to the CPT post. The CPT post shows in BP activity stream, just sans the FeatImg.

I gotta be missing something simple, right?

I don’t need to do anything with add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’ ); do I?

Thanks.

sharmstr

Not a dumb question, but it is better asked on the BP forums.

I will say that Kleo (and any other theme) merely displays the info written to the activity table. For standard WP posts, the featured image is actually appended to the activity content before its saved to the activity table. So, my guess is that your CPT isnt set up to append the featured image. See attached.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mitchcan
    Participant

Thanks @sharmstr, I only asked here first because 1) I wasn’t sure if it had anything to do with the theme and it’s display of images, and 2) because I knew I would get a timely reply here. 🙂

Interestingly, the CPT UI plugin I am using provides for a Featured Image option, and I DO have it selected (which is why I have the FtImg metabox on the CPT). It must be something that is not sending that info through somehow. I’ll keep digging around.

Thanks as always for your knowledge and responsiveness.

sharmstr

Maybe BP didnt add support for it in their new way of addding cpts to activities. Again, you should ask them. Or even ask the cpt plugin people. https://codex.buddypress.org/plugindev/post-types-activities/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mitchcan
    Participant

I will ask around, thanks.

I’m digging into the database now, looking for what gets sent with the CPT. Your screenshot triggered the thought to do that. Thanks for that.

sharmstr

Cool. Let me know it it gets saved to the activity and Kleo isn’t displaying it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?