This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     investa
    Participant

For a long time my site’s ‘create a group’ button has failed. I have disabled all plugins and still no success. It used to be that when you arrived at step 2 it was blank, but the group was created and once you located it on the groups page you could then manage it successfully. However more recently it just directs to a page saying

Hmm, we can’t reach this page.

I have tried setting up a test site on a sub-domain but am still getting the same issue. Can you offer me any advice to help me sort this out please?

investa
    Participant

Quick update … I have successfully tried the site in a completely new domain as opposed to a subdomain. So apologies but a couple more questions!
    i. Any idea why I can’t get the subdomain or original site functioning?
    ii. I did move up a hosting band, is it possible as I moved server there was any corruption of the files? If so any ideas which ones I should look at?
    iii. If I can successfully recreate the original site, could I copy the files of the new domain and move back to original domain? If so do you have a recommended method? I obviously need to retain all my members and their activity.

Any pointers in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Laura

Hello, try using Duplicator plugin, install it at the old site, and create a duplication, then at your new site ( with an empty folder, no wordpress installed ) place the install.php and the .zip file from the duplication, and go to your new domain http://www.yourdomain.com/install.php to start the process

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

investa
    Participant

Hi Laura, thanks for the help, will that keep all my members?

Laura

Hello, yes it should, as it export your database

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?