This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Laura.

• Author

Tagged: 

jarciano
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to know how to put the icon to create a new group in the own tab “Home and Profile & Group Icons” because the user finds it more functional already in the own tab to see their groups have the option to create a new one.

I am very grateful if you have a solution.

Sheltered.

Laura

Hello, that would require some template changes so you would need to hire a developer to add it for you as right now there is no easy option to do it

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

jarciano
    Participant

Hello,

Could you just guide me what files I have to go to get myself to do this implementation?

Laura

Hello, all profile related files are at theme files Buddypress > Members > Single you should find all of them there, but to add the create a group button you may need to check the groups file too at buddypress/groups

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

jarciano
    Participant

Hello

After a few weeks trying to add the button create new group I am here back request a light, could be more specific in which file I should go, because I did several tests and all failed ..

Laura

Hello, i can check it out at your website with ftp and wp-admin access

jarciano
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, added, for anyone who wants this here is the guide:

1- Copy groups.php from wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/legacy/members/single/groups.php
    2- Paste it at wp-content/themes/kleo-child/ ( create new folders so it looks like this )
    wp-content/themes/kleo-child/buddypress/members/single
    3- Edit the groups.php file and below the UL tag, add this:

COPY CODE

<span class="create-a-group"><?php echo bp_get_group_create_button() ?></span>

4- Save

jarciano
    Participant

Hello

There are no keywords to thank, thank you and congratulations for the beautiful work.

Laura

Thanks you! If you are happy with the support please rate us 5 stars at Themeforest that would help a lot 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?