This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     gimelk
    Participant

I’m having a serious problem finding a link to the page where you can search for and create groups. The page exists, I can see it in wordpress if I go to the pages section. If I click to view the page I see the search box and the create group text, however, I cannot find a link to that page anywhere in my members section or anywhere through the site. Where is the link that takes me to the group page? I have groups enabled in buddypress so I can’t understand where the link is.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

For groups and creating groups to work there are three settings that must be enabled

WP Admin > Settings > BuddyPress > Tab: ‘Components’ > Checkbox ‘User Groups’

WP Admin > Settings > BuddyPress > Tab: ‘Pages’ > Option: ‘User Groups’ – Select your desired page to house the groups functionality

WP Admin > Settings > BuddyPress > Tab: ‘Options’ > Checkbox: ‘Group Creation’

With all three of these options set any valid logged in user will be able to go to domain.com/groups/ to see all of the available groups as well as create a group using the blue ‘Create a Group’ link (see screenshot). The path to create a group is domain.com/groups/create. This assumes the page you assigned in the pages tab is called groups, if it is called anything other than that you should replace the word groups in the URL with your custom name.

If your site is on localhost the path will either be localhost/mydirectory/groups (where mydirectory is the directory in which your WordPress install lives) or localhost/groups

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     gimelk
    Participant

“If your site is on localhost the path will either be localhost/mydirectory/groups (where mydirectory is the directory in which your WordPress install lives) or localhost/groups”

This is where I think I’m having the problem. Where do I find the link to get to that groups page? I thought it was through the members section “http://localhost/Mysite2/members/gimel/groups” or “http://localhost/Mysite2/members/gimel/activity/groups/”, however neither of these links bring up that page and those are the only two links to groups I currently have on my site. Is it that I need to manually create a specific link that would link me to “localhost/mydirectory/groups” somewhere on my site or is there a setting within the theme that can create that link for me? Attached are the pages that come up when I click on the two group links.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     gimelk
    Participant

Don’t know why the other link failed to upload. Here it is.

gimelk
    Participant

I can’t seem to get the other file to upload, but its more or less the same as the other image. the groups page doesn’t come up.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

The screenshot you attach shows the members individual groups page which is a part of their profile. To see the general groups page, based off of the URL in your screenshot, you would need to go to http://localhost/Mysite2/groups/

If you wish to create a menu item for this you can go to WP Admin > Appearance > Menus and add the groups page you created to the menu. You will find this under the pages heading within the menu editor. If for some reason the structure does not work as it should on your local machine (which it may not) you can create a custom menu item and set the path to /Mysite2/groups/

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I can see that you marked my above reply as the solution to your question. Can I check with you that you consider this matter resolved? If so please let me know and I will mark the ticket as resolved.

All the best,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

gimelk
    Participant

Yes resolved.

Kieran_SQ

Great 🙂 Feel free to open a new ticket any time with any other questions and we’ll be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Kieran

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?