This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by raniele.

• Author
     raniele
    Participant

Hi devs at 7th Queen,
    I have a problem with styiling a KLEO button on a VisualCOmposer layuot.

What I have: a Kleo buttom to which a .buttonclass was added through visual composer interface.
    The button is placed in one of a two-column row, generated via visual composer. The column was assigned its own .columnclass and the row its #rowID.

In WP>Appearence>Editor I tried to declare the button using the abovementoined selectors and also added, test after test, the following classes to declartion .btn .btn-primary .btn-lg .btn-app

My original attempt had been .buttonclass .columnclass #rowID {} … useless to say it just didn’t work. At this point I believe I am missing something.

Could please help me understand what I am doung wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

sharmstr

You probably have to declare !important

COPY CODE

.buttonclass {
    background-color: yellow !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

raniele
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer but I already tried with the!important declaration and it just does not seem to work: neither using just .mybuttonclass nor with .mybuttonclass within #rowID.

sharmstr

you’re not putting the period in the Extra class name field are you?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

raniele
    Participant

No I am not. should I?
    in the VisualComposer interface I typed mybuttonclass

.mybuttonclass has only been used in the style sheet.

sharmstr

No, you shouldnt be. Just wanted to make sure. It works for me, so you must have something set wrong. If you respond privately with a link and admin credentials I’ll take a look for you.

raniele
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

.dshbrd_bttn {
    width: 300px;
    }

raniele
    Participant

Well this is what I call fanta-ICT… I’d swear I tried that already but anyway thanks for making it work and for your time in doing so.
    Hail to the (7th)Queen!

raniele
    Participant

And yet…
    I am sorry to bother you further but could you please explain what exactly have you done?

I changed the CSS in WP editor as you suggested and the button was actually styled as required. If however I try to style the element further my changes just does not apply.

For instance: on the same page I created three more buttons, all with class .dshbrd_bttn.
    Since however they were all slided 10px rightwise except the first, I renamed this latter class as dshbrd_bttn_1st and styled the element as

.dshbrd_bttn_1st {
    width: 300 px !important;
    margin: 0 0 0 10px !important;
    }

And again this doesn’t work, despite flushing the cache and checking user sessions. Honestly this puzzles me quite a bit… what is your professional opinion about this behaviour?

sharmstr

All of your styling isnt working because you have it commented out.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     raniele
    Participant

Absolutely right, thanks for pointing it out to me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?