This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by gm713.

• Author
     gm713
    Participant

How do I change the label/text color of the default search field “Start typing to search…” (see attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You can use the below custom CSS to target that element.

COPY CODE
    #ajax_search_container input{
    background:#f9f9f9;
    color:#313131;
    border:solid 2px #383838;
    }

Change the color values to suit your needs. If you do not wish to customize the border simply remove that line in it’s entirety.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

gm713
    Participant

Thanks, unfortunately that doesn’t change the color of the default label “Start typing to search…”

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

My apologies, I should have added the placeholder CSS. Please try the below CSS

COPY CODE
    #ajax_search_container input::placeholder {
        color:#ff2f00;
    }

Change the # value to suit your needs and clear your caches to see the changes.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

gm713
    Participant

That worked. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?