This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     jokerette
    Participant

I’m using the standard PHP to change excerpt length – saving it in functions.php under Kleo Child. It’s being a BEAST and refuses to work – no didn’t clear cache, am developing under Chrome so I pulled the site up in FF and still no joy. Figured it might be a Composer issue, hit their support – they have responded many times to the same question with the same (simple) php function.

Why oh why is my beast of a site the only one not to BEHAVE! hard enough going from php/js/html ect to WP – without tiny little urps like this lol!

Thank you SO much! You guys are life-savers. I did see another theme where excerpt-length JUST HAPPENS to be an option… (hint SEG hint πŸ˜‰

Radu

Hi jokerete,

Let’s try again, use this code it should work

COPY CODE
    function custom_excerpt_length( $length ) {
    	return 20;
    }
    add_filter( 'excerpt_length', 'custom_excerpt_length', 999 );

Let me know

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     jokerette
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu
     jokerette
    Participant

Hi!
    SOTD page (reach from primary menu) – post masonry grid – masonry grid: default

News page (blog posts – News Old (blog-normal) ) – show excerpt is on, small left thumb.

Radu

Hi,

It seems that a bug create this…

Please replace this file /wp-content/themes/kleo/lib/theme-functions.php with the attached file

This issue will be patched in next theme update at the end of the month

Cheers

R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     jokerette
    Participant

Hi Radu!
    Sorry this took so long – slammed trying to hit that go-live date. No, this didn’t work if you check SOTD from http://www.prowritersint.com/wp/ – andddddd while I’m at it, Post Masonry Grid – default item – isn’t pulling inline images instead of featured images. Have the feeling this and the excerpt thing are likely VC bugs? I’ve seen this one documented here, but – slammed for time – cheating and asking lol!

THANK you so much πŸ™‚

Radu

Hi,

The snippet works, is tested by me and by others and is normally the code not works in pages, the STOD is a page and the snippet cannot trim that content.

REgarding to this

Post Masonry Grid – default item – isn’t pulling inline images instead of featured images

I see images are displayed ok as featured where is the problem ? screenshot that pointing out wrong position of images + link please

Cheers

R.

jokerette
    Participant

Ah! So I can’t trim snippets for pages, if I am understanding?

I fixed our other issue by doing something or other you suggested here in these forums. I think I made the image invisible. Now that seems to be working, thanks much.

KAStyles
    Participant

Speaking of custom excerpt… Is there a way to override Kleo and have the standard WordPress read more feature work for blog posts?

For some reason I cannot start a topic anymore so Im asking about this here.

Radu

@jokerette if the pages are rendered thru masonry grid yes

Hi KAStyles,

What do you mean by standard WordPress read more feature ?

You can open a new ticket form menu -> Get Support -> Kleo ->

Cheers
    R.

KAStyles
    Participant

In the WordPress editor there is is the Read more feature you can insert where you want in a post.

jokerette
    Participant
     Radu

You’re welcome

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?