This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     GnosisToday
    Participant

I followed the indication in this page:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo

Added some new icons from fontello and put them, as suggested in this page, in the kleo/assets folder.
    After updating to the latest version of kleo, they had disappeared from the interface.
    Shouldn’t kleo read them from the kleo-child theme, if they are defined there?

Thank you!

sharmstr

If you followed those directions, you’re not putting the fontello files (which has your added icons) in kleo child. Your only putting your custom css. Kleo will overwrite the fontello files so your new icons wont exist. I’ve already talked to the devs about this.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

GnosisToday
    Participant

I’m not sure I follow: so is this an actual issue or not?
    You say “Your only putting your custom css”. Actually, I put both, as indicated in the description:

4. Copy all the files inside the “font” subfolder that have the extensions like .eot, .svg, .ttf, ,woff to kleo/assets/font

5. Copy from css/ folder the files fontello.css and fontello-ie7.css into kleo/assets/css/

I did just what it said.

sharmstr

It is an issue. Here’s why. You are copying the font files that have your new icon into /kleo. Everything in /kleo is overwritten during an upgrade. So even if you put something into your child css, which points to the new icon you added to the fonts file, after an upgrade it WONT work because the icon wont exist anymore. I’ve asked the devs to come up with a way for us to add icons to fontello that will be upgrade safe. I dont think its an easy task. In the meantime, do what I do and remember to redo your font files and add them to kleo/assets/font.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?