This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     jonbrowne
    Participant

I am interested in adding content above categories and tag pages.

I have tried going through Posts/Categories/Edit Category and adding information to the description. However, that content does not apply above the category or tag pages.

I looked up this article found on WPMU.dev http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/cool-wordpress-category-pages/

But, I have not tried this guide to see if it works.

Would this guide work? Do you have any information or tips on how to customize the pages for categories and tags?

Thank you guys! Keep up the good work!

Laura

Hello, please do try that guide and let me know if it does what you wanted 🙂 Anything else needed just let me know

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

jonbrowne
    Participant

I tried the guide but, the first step does not work.

I tried adding the php code: <?php echo category_description( $category_id ); ?> to archives.php

but nothing displays in the category section.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Laura

Hello, sadly that was the only option i know right know, maybe a plugin could do that but i dont know any

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

jonbrowne
    Participant

I understand. But, since your company created the theme, do you know of any customization tips I can use that your coders know will work?

Thank you!

Laura

Hello, did you try the whole guide? If you want, you could share with me your idea for the category page and i can try to do it for you

jonbrowne
    Participant

For example: http://screenrant.com/tag/fantastic-four/

Each tag has a bit of custom content related to the Tag above the archives.

I also found this how-to article from wpbeginner.com (http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-create-category-templates-in-wordpress/) is this possible with the Kleo theme?

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Andrei

Hi @jonbrowne, we’ll be adding support for category/tag description in the next update of the theme.
    Thanks for suggesting this out.

Cheers

jonbrowne
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Andrei

Modifying the default wordpress behaviour related to the content filtering and output is not recommended to be done from the theme itself. We’ll be adding the support for the category/tags descriptions but you’ll have to add the filters for allowing html by yourself.

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?