This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by mcsinn.

• Author
     mcsinn
    Participant

Hi,

I created a custom page (slug “beispiele-referenzen”) for the portfolio and changed the settings in KLEO theme settings to use this one as the base page for portfolio. After that, i created another page which should be a child page (slug “feste-events”) of the portfolio site. But when I set the “beispiele-referenzen” as the parent of “feste-events” in the page attributes, I always get a 404 error.

What can I do to avoid the 404 error here?

Thanks,
    Michael

sharmstr

Did you also resave your permalinks? Theme Options > Settings > Permalinks > click save.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mcsinn
    Participant

Yes I did that more than once! Did not help in any way.

Do you want to take a look at it yourself?

sharmstr

Sure.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mcsinn
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Sorry, I thought you were saying that your portfolios were throwing 404 errors. Anyhow, that’s an expected response. Anything within your custom slug for the portfolio must be a portfolio post type.

What’s your need for having a child page? Just trying to understand.

sharmstr

@abe – Am I right?

mcsinn
    Participant

Okay, thanks for taking care.

Well, I would like to create a submenu for subpages, that only show the content of one portfolio category. Therefore I thought of creating a page for each of them.

Is there another way of doing this with portfolio post types?

sharmstr

You can do that. Just dont make them children of the main portfolio page.

mcsinn
    Participant

Thanks, but I already knew, that I can make pages that work, when I do not make them child pages.

But what would be the way if I did it with portfolio post types? Which links would I have to use then?
    I tried to use the slug of the portfolio categories, but they do not work.

Abe
    Keymaster

sorry for the late intervention. I see the child pages now work. Did you manage to come with a workaround?

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mcsinn
    Participant

Hi Abe,

unfortunately they do not work as expected, as I can not make the pages child pages of the Portfolio main page. But the dirty workaround is to set up pages without making them childpages. So, in the breadcrumbs section those pages are just normal pages but not seen as “portfolio” pages.

Regards,
    Michael

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?