This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     Cafonauta
    Participant

While you have a custom registration page made with your shortcode, I see no explanation on how to use it.

I searched for register/registration/custom registration and I found hundred of questions. Actually most of the time the same question.

Would you mind explaining on you docs how does it works setting up a custom page?

• pros/cons using it with Buddypress
    • recaptcha
    • custom fields

PS

After all I need just add an image on the buddypress default registration page. Is it possible to modify a template somewhere. More or less as i made with the 404 page?

Thank you

PS2

Could you explain why I find dozen of “blank” results via the search form?

I see a post into the result; I click on it and i get a blank page with “You cannot reply to this topic.

It’s full of them. If it’s a private topic why are you so lazy to hide them?

Laura

Hello, which type of registration do you have?
    If its buddypress registration, custom fields can be set at Users > Profile fields, and recaptcha plugin i suggest buddypress nocaptcha recaptcha

Other registrations i need to know exactly which plugin are you using. For buddypress, to edit the page you need to edit kleo/buddypress/members/register.php

To add an image you can use html tags like http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_img.asp

PS2 Private topics are not only set by us but the customer, we cant disable this, some of them include personal data or private information

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Cafonauta
    Participant

Hi Laura I have a plain Buddypress registration page. For the moment I did not use custom fields. So I need a captcha.

I need to add one image in the registration page. With you solution I guess once I update Kleo I will lose my changes. isn’t it?

PS
    For private topic I understand. To improve customer experience my suggestion is to remove them from our search results. It’s frustrating clicking on so many results and getting blank pages.

Cafonauta
    Participant

It would be nice being able to remove the sidebar too … 🙂

Cafonauta
    Participant

I’ve found how to remove sidebar on the registration page:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-remove-sidebar-from-register-page

Then I successfully added an image to kleo/buddypress/members/register.php

Question is: will I lose my mods once on future Kleo updates?

Thank you

Laura

Hello, best captcha for buddypress https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-nocaptcha-register-box/
    If you do the changes at the child theme ( by copying the folder name and the file ) you WON’T lose your changes

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?