This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: ,

sharmstr

ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE KLEO TEAM… YET 🙂 DO NOT BUG THEM ABOUT THIS. ALSO, I WROTE THIS FOR MY OWN USE. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO MAKE CHANGES TO SUIT YOUR SITE OR REQUIREMENTS. EITHER USE IT AS IS OR DONT USE IT AT ALL.

(Sorry if that sounded rude, but I dont have time or the desire to customize it for you.)

Attached is a custom search form you can use in VC that will allow you to specify what to search (posts, members, groups, forums, shop).

Please read this carefully.

The plugin will add a new VC short code called ‘Colabs search form’. See image 1

It mimics the search form that comes with Kleo (along with the styling), except that it adds a new dropdown field called ‘Search context’. See image 2

Image 3 shows all possible forms. (the shortcode was added 5 times)

Unlike the search form that comes with Kleo, it will not show you a list of live results. I made the decision to not include the live search result list because it does not support products, groups or forums. You can remove the comment slashes from the line of code that displays the box if you wish, but I suggest only doing this for members and blog searches. Look for the line that contains ‘kleo-ajax-search-loading’.

Copy the code from the attached file into your child’s functions.php file.

ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE KLEO TEAM… YET 🙂 DO NOT BUG THEM ABOUT THIS. ALSO, I WROTE THIS FOR MY OWN USE. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO MAKE CHANGES TO SUIT YOUR SITE OR REQUIREMENTS. EITHER USE IT AS IS OR DONT USE IT AT ALL.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     pittsleyb
    Participant

@sharmstr Worked perfectly..thanks. I tried to update “forums” in the context to say “Forums…” but it wouldnt update. Oh well. Thanks !!! Just what I was looking for.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, Nice functionality to extend the default Kleo search form. Now I will change the default shortcode to work with the ajax search too and maybe choose what to search for in the live results 🙂

thank you @sharmstr

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

Yeah, I thought about doing that but didnt feel like digging into it yesterday. I like the idea of picking what to display in the live search results because it you include 4 of every context, the list is going to be huge… especially on phones.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes indeed, I will work later on the context attributes

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Here are some changes to the search form until the update https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/live-search-disable-enter-key

---

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?