This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     Jonathan
    Participant

Hi there, I’m having trouble getting a custom sidebar to show up on this page:

http://www.ibogainealliance.org/shop/tepoztlan-2016/room-board/conference-hotel-room/

When they work fine on this page:

http://www.ibogainealliance.org/guidelines/

I also would like to generally lobby for more options with custom sidebars. I want to be able to pick which sidebars show up in each position on any given page. If there are two sidebars I sometimes need to place 2 custom ones.

Gracias!

Laura

Hello, did you try by selecting the sidebar at the end of the edit page section? Let me know 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Jonathan
    Participant

Hi! Yes, I did that, which is why it’s weird that it’s not replacing the other sidebar.

Laura

Hello, could you try using https://wordpress.org/plugins/multiple-sidebars/ ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Jonathan
    Participant

I set up the plugin, but I see that it requires adding template code to the theme files. This seems like a complicated change. Is that what you’re suggesting?

Laura

Hello, could you share admin credentials so i can check it out? 🙂

Jonathan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, as i see the sidebar works fine, you should use the Shop sidebar for woocommerce pages 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Jonathan
    Participant

Maybe you don’t understand my original post. I’m trying to use a custom sidebar for those pages. The reason I need to do this is that the product that you’re seeing is part of a registration process for an event and I have a sidebar designed that leads the customer through each step of the registration. I have selected a custom sidebar for that page and it is not working. It would be wonderful to use my custom sidebar plus the shop sidebar, which is why I mentioned the need to be able to select the position of various sidebars.

Laura

Hello, maybe this http://www.woothemes.com/woosidebars/ helps?
    As its something very specific, it’s difficult to find a plugin that can match the idea, maybe the best solution would be to hire a developer to do a custom plugin for you?

Jonathan
    Participant

This worked quite well! The only annoying thing is that for some reason the new sidebars that it creates (and the other plugin as well) end up listed before all the Kleo plugins and my custom Kleo plugins. It affects my custom Kleo plugins by shifting all the widget contents over one sidebar every time I add a new one via the plugin.

Anyways, I have got it to work! Many thanks for your recommendation.

Laura

Hello, i am happy that it worked! 🙂 It was a pleasure to help you

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?