This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     adasin
    Participant

How can include the terms of a custom taxonomy in on single post meta block?

I registered the taxonomy as such:

COPY CODE
    add_action( 'init', 'build_taxonomies', 0 );
    function build_taxonomies() {
    register_taxonomy( 'levels', array('post','my_cpt'), array( 'hierarchical' => true, 'label' => 'Levels', 'query_var' => true, 'rewrite' => true ) );
    }

and have experimented with the function kleo_entry_meta in child by adding:

COPY CODE
    if ( in_array('levels', $meta_elements ) ) {
                        //$levels_list = get_the_term_list( $post->ID, 'levels', '', ', ', '' );

$levels_list = get_the_term_list('', __(', ', 'kleo_framework'));
    		}

and further down the same function:

COPY CODE
    if ( isset( $levels_list ) && $levels_list ) {
    			$cat_tag[] = $levels_list;
    		}

But none of the selected terms show up in normal post. Not sure if this the right way of doing it.

Would appreciate some guidance on this.

sharmstr

It wont show up because

COPY CODE

if ( in_array('levels', $meta_elements ) ) {

will always return false unless you’ve also added “levels” to Theme Options > Blog > Display Meta Fields. Just dont check for it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

adasin
    Participant

Many thanks sharmstr for the tip.

sharmstr

Just a heads up. That function has changed in the next update. Make sure you recopy the function to your child theme after you update.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

pandreas82
    Participant

Hello sharmstr,

I have a similar problem.

I have created a custom taxonomy with “Custom Post Type UI 1.1.1” plugin but there is no option to add it at “Display Meta Fields” list.

What is wrong here??

Regards,

Andreas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

They wont show up there. As the original poster indicated, you need to edit the kleo_entry_meta function.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?