This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     Jonathan
    Participant

Hi,

I’m finding it very difficult to create a custom archive template for the testimonials post-type. I want to do a number of things such as change the except length so it is just a list of complete testimonials (without changing the excerpt length for other types of posts), add a description or other page elements, etc. The “Testimonials” page element is not sufficient because it doesn’t, for example, include the image of the testimonial author in the simple formatting (only in carousel).

Is anyone able to at least point me in the right direction?

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Here’s the template shortcode php file where you can overwrite in child theme and perform any change you need

With the KLEO child theme activated via ftp got o wp-content -> themes -> kleo-child -> create a folder named k_elements, there create a file named kleo_testimonials.php in that you will paste the content from this file : wp-content/plugins/k-elements/shortcodes/templates/kleo_testimonials.php

Path will look like this : wp-content/themes/kleo-child/k_elements/kleo_testimonials.php

Then you can change the code update proof.

That’s it

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?