This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

plantsarethecure
    Participant

Hi!

I have purchased Kleo theme and using it with BuddyPress plugin. I really liked this theme and feel worth buying this theme for my site.

My problem is, I want people to register to my site using Kleo Register form that exist on my homepage. Currently Kleo register form has 5 default fields i.e. Username, FullName, Email, Password and Confirm Password. As I said before I am also using BuddyPress, therefore I want to add one extra field which is Member Types Selection box on that Kleo Register form. So that people can choose their member-types during the process of registration using that Kleo Register form. Is there way to customize kleo-register form?

For better understanding to my above question I have attached Image of Kleo Register form that I am looking for.

I would like to seek support on that issue. I hope you guys definitely have some solutions to resolve this issue.

THANKS.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

The KLEO register by default will displays only those fields there is no quick solution to achieve what you need.

I will let you know the responsible file and how you can overwritte it safe.

There is the responsible file: wp-content/plugins/k-elements/shortcodes/templates/kleo_register.php if you will rewrite that file you should copy it to wp-content/themes/kleo-child/k_elements to can have the functionality that you need over the theme update.

Cheers
    Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     plantsarethecure
    Participant

Hi Radu,
    Thanks for your response and I understand your point but my question is how can I use BuddyPress Member Types on Kleo Register form. As I have created few members using BuddyPress Member Types but I want those members to be displayed in Kleo Register form as a selection box field so that people who register there will also integrate with BuddyPress member types.

If I write plan HTML code of select options with a list of members in that kleo_register.php files but it doesn’t make any integration with BuddyPress member types. So could you please guide me how I can include that BuddyPress Member Types selection box in the Kleo Register form.

Thanks,
    PATC

Radu

Hi again,

I see, the only way it’s to install this plugin : http://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-xprofile-member-type-field/ will make member types to appear in a field dropdown in base group.

And then to create a file named kleo_register.php in /wp-content/themes/kleo-child/k_elements/

So the path will be : /wp-content/themes/kleo-child/k_elements/kleo_register.php

In that you will paste this file content : https://pastebin.com/raw/L1L4GQk9

then in the kleo_register shortcode will be rendered all base fields from register page.

I don’t have a quick solution only to display the member type field, you will have to look further how you can leave only that field there.

Cheers
    R.

plantsarethecure
    Participant

Thanks for your response but I am little disappointed with you last word: “I don’t have a quick solution only to display the member type field, you will have to look further how you can leave only that field there.” If I can do it myself then I won’t ask for support or help.

Radu

I see but that implies some hours of work since it’s not a quick job. I’ve tried to make a solution for you before to tell you that.

Cheers
    R.

plantsarethecure
    Participant

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you with some possibility to resolve this issue. Once again I appreciate your prompt response and help.

plantsarethecure
    Participant

In the meantime, I will also do my research to get this done.

Radu

Good luck with the research and with the project !

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?