This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by dintan.

• Author
     dintan
    Participant

Dear support,

May I know if it is possible to change the PAGE HEADING on pages:

1. After user register as member, they will be redirected to a page asking them to check email. Refer to my attachment “Activate.png”.
    2. After user click the activation link in their email, it brings them to a confirmation page telling them the account is not active. Refer to my attachment “Activation Complete.png”.

I found the php files in BuddyPress folder where I can change and style the texts in body content, as you can see in”Activation Complete.png”.

However, I can’t find the php files to change the HEADINGS in rectangle boxes.

Need some help here, thank you!! 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Technically they are in bp-members-screens.php, but I strongly suggest you dont edit them that way. The correct way to do edit any labels or messages is to use a language file: https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/customizing/customizing-labels-messages-and-urls/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

dintan
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

I have tried to create the files following the instructions but it doesn’t seem to work. Please refer to my attachment for the .po and .mo files I have created.

Server.jpg – screenshots of files in server
    Code-mo – Changes done in .mo file
    Code-po – Changes done in .po file

You may try to register and check the labels.

Thank you very much

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Use a pluging like Loco Translate. Much easier. I was merely showing the bp docs that explains that you should translate a site in order to change labels and messages.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

dintan
    Participant

Loco Translate is a great help, though it might be a little tricky at the beginning: some folder issues (Refer to Step 3: https://localise.biz/help/wordpress/translate-plugin/beginners).

It works now, finally. Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?