This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Laura.

• Author
     gsingh
    Participant

Greetings,

I recently purchased buddypp theme and looking for slight help.

• I am wondering how can i change the available options for Users  under their profile. For example i want to hide/disable the Buddy Drive option, hide the Events section etc. Please see the screenshot for your reference.
    • Second, I am wondering if i can control the length of video to be uploaded? or may be add like premium plans plugin so user can upload their full videos, hd videos etc.

I will appreciate if you can please assist me with that. Earlier I had another issue uploading the video file, but seems like that worked when i used different browser (dont have much detail, but will update you guys if this is a bug or something)

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Gurjap

gsingh
    Participant

I have waiting since past 3 days and have not heard anything. is there anyone who may assist me with the questions i have ?

Please let me know

gsingh
    Participant

why is my ticket marked as resolved? Am i gonna get an answer or not? please let me know. i have been waiting on you guys since past week

Laura

Hello, i’m so sorry! I do not know exactly why your ticket was delayed so much as it was not on the list.
    I hope you can forgive us for this mistake and will of course help you with any issue.

About the buddy drive and events, you want to hide them from the buddypress menu or directly disable it from the website? This could be done by deactivating the plugin buddydrive and events

Again i am so sorry for the delay

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

gsingh
    Participant

Thank you for your support. I understand sometimes situations come up. I was able to disable the add-ons by figuring it out myself (after frustration, lol). However, i would like to know the following please

“messages” menu is pointing towards the “#” sign rather than actual user’s inbox. How can that be fixed? i checked your kb articles where it says we can point it towards the profile/inbox or something. I am getting page not found, if i do that
    Additionally, is it possible to enable some sort of premium accounts where users can choose a plan if they wish to get more space or better HD videos etc?
    i am still testing the size, signed up with an account, however did not any signup email. if you can let me know what else should i be checking, except i have that email account created in my hosting

Thank in advance.
    Gurjap

Laura

Hello 🙂
    Which message link are you referring to, can you share screenshot? If i get access to the admin i can check it out too 🙂
    About the premium… it depends… you can either use paid memberships pro and have a post category named “HD Videos where only the level “VIP” has access then you could do that. I can help you set it up

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

gsingh
    Participant

Hi,

I am talking about Inbox messages. Please see the screenshot for your reference.

1. Thank you for the suggestion of Paid membership. I will look into it.
    2. I noticed one thing, if user signs up using facebook, the chat window does not open up. it says you are not allowed
    3. Another question is i about signup emails. When i signed up using Register button, as a user i didn’t get any confirmation email to activate my account or confirm if i am the right user.
    4. Where does the Profile menu pulls the data, i mean i know its realtive to the plugins, such as Buddy Drive plugin shows buddy drive menu in the profile menu, how can i add new items to it?

Please let me know all these answers. Thank you. Here is the password for the site user admin y5$Ggm4ATge^

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello 🙂
    2- Need to check it out
    3- Try using SMTP plugin t should fix the issue, usually its a server issue related to php mail
    4- You could try https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-custom-profile-menu/ this allows you to add pages as menus

Messages: Make sure permalinks are set to Post Name at Settings > Permalinks and buddypress pages at Settings > Buddypress > Pages

gsingh
    Participant

Would you be able to take a look at the SMTP part and the messages page? I fixed the messages URL but getting error 404.

Wondering how can users send messages to each other? if you can login to admin page fix or explain., i will appreciate it.

After customizing the Menu to Custom Link > URL ##_profile_link##/messages, I am getting this redirection http://buddyapp.gurjap.org/members/admin/messages/
    which shows error 404.

Thanks

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, please share access so i can take a look 🙂

gsingh
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, private messages activated, now each user can send a message by going to the profile of another user. This was at Settings > Buddypress
    For the SMTP you need to put your email server information, you can contact your hosting about this 🙂

gsingh
    Participant

Hi! I was able to fix the smtp settings, however once the user signs up either using facebook or email, chat window is not available for them. Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.

Attachments:
     gsingh
    Participant

Please ignore my last email, I fixed the chat as well. I would like to know, how can I enable the User’s Activity to all friends?

For example, if a user updates something; a video or photo, other friends should be able to see it on their timeline or activity (just like facebook).

Thanks a lot.

Laura

Hello, maybe this helps https://www.buddyboss.com/product/buddyboss-wall/ 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Theme options & Demo content’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?