This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     directnet42u
    Participant

Hi There,

I had noticed an older post on here with this same question, but I can’t seem to find it. I was wondering how we can update our Activity Stream page to only show updates by default (without the option to filter through new members, comments, friendships, etc). Apparently there is a PHP code that can be added to do this, but at the moment I’m unable to track it down again. I hope someone can help!

Thank you for your time.

Laura

Hello, try adding this to functions.php of child theme

COPY CODE

// Remove (hide) various activities from streams.
    function my_hidden_activities($a, $activities) {
    //if admin we want to know
    //if (is_site_admin())
    //	return $activities;

$nothanks = array(“created_group”, “joined_group”, “new_member”, “friendship_created”, “activity_liked”);

foreach ($activities->activities as $key => $activity) {
    if (in_array($activity->type, $nothanks, true)) {
    unset($activities->activities[$key]);
    $activities->activity_count = $activities->activity_count-1;
    $activities->total_activity_count = $activities->total_activity_count-1;
    $activities->pag_num = $activities->pag_num -1;
    }
    }

// Renumber the array keys to account for missing items.
    $activities_new = array_values( $activities->activities );
    $activities->activities = $activities_new;

return $activities;
    }
    add_action(‘bp_has_activities’, ‘my_hidden_activities’, 10, 2 );

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

directnet42u
    Participant

Unfortunately that code did not work for us. We’re wanting the activity page to only display updates that people post directly to that page. We do not want it to show new memberships, friendships, cover photos, etc. Hopefully that makes sense, please pass along any questions if you need me to clarify.

Laura

Hello, try the following
    copy this file: “/wp-content/themes/kleo/buddypress/activity/activity-loop.php” to your child theme: “/wp-content/themes/kleo-child/buddypress/activity/activity-loop.php” and you will have to replace the 16’th line with the following:

COPY CODE
    <?php if ( bp_has_activities( bp_ajax_querystring( 'activity' ) . '&action=activity_update' ) ) : ?>
    Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

directnet42u
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, you could try to filter that by editing the activity loop, i can do that for you if you share ftp credentials 🙂
    You want to show all but friendships and new members right? 🙂

directnet42u
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, fixed, you have the directory name “Buddypress” instead of “buddypress”, simple but important 🙂

directnet42u
    Participant

It looks great, thank you for resolving that issue for us!

directnet42u
    Participant

Oops, we just looked at the page again and it looks like it’s still showing new memberships in the latest updates. Do you know why that might be?

https://www.vegantravel.com/activity/

Laura

Hello, check if the code is still there, maybe it shows older entries
    Let me know 🙂

directnet42u
    Participant

The code is still there. What seems to happen is that the page will load without those other categories, but then if you stay on the page for a few seconds it shows the “Load Newest” section (see attached image) at the top. Then when you click on that it displays the new members and friendships. Do you know what might be causing this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

directnet42u
    Participant

Thank you, we’re hoping someone can assist us with this issue!

Andrei

Hi,

We’ve provided this code as a starting point some time ago, if the code isn’t working anymore then I’ll have to recommend you to hire a developer in order to implement such custom functionality.

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?