This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by jwchameleoncorp.

• Author
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

http://travelcuckoo.com

Hello,

I’m trying to use the News Focus widget from Visual Composer to duplicate your demo “Magazine Theme.”

In your demo, you display a navigation bar including ALL NEWS, ENTERTAINMENT, TECHNOLOGY, WORLDS NEWS (see attached snap shot.)

However I can’t find a way to add this navigation bar feature. Is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Also, I can’t seem to add the category to the columns like in the demo. See attached snap shot.

Is there a setting for this?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Never mind about the first question regarding the navigation bar, I figured it out. But I still can’t figure out the second question.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, when you edit that shortcode you have have a Build query button where you can choose what categories to show posts from and those categories will be the tabs you see in the demo.

All the best

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @abe

Thanks for the reply. Yep, as I mentioned above in my last post, I discovered that. But how to I accomplish the second item?

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

That is the same, in case the first post is an image or gallery one

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @Abe

Not sure I understand. Can you explain what you mean please?

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

it will appear if the first article has an image .. otherwise it can’t show

---

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

All my articles have images, but it doesn’t show.

Abe
    Keymaster

that is the featured image shown there. If you haven’t set a featured image then go to Theme options – Blog and enable getting the image from the post content to show as featured image

---

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @abe

Those are my settings in the Theme > Blog settings. All my posts have featured images, but it still does not display the highlighted category on the image.

Abe
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply. please give me a link to that page to see. Also you should have set a category in the Build query

---

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @abe

Go to http://travelcuckoo.com

Yep, I built the category query too. 🙂

Thanks for checking it out!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Demo Magazine Theme – Visual Composer News Focus Navigation Bar’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?