This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Andrei.

• Author
     wesmward
    Participant

I’m wanting to create a landing page for my site; a page that introduces the site and has a login/register link in the nav.

I’ve gotten that far, but my issue is that after the user logs in, if they click on the logo, they are taken back to the landing page.

How can I

a) Make the link for the logo direct to a different page other than the front static page
    — or —
    b) Appoint the landing page as the first page that a logged-out user is taken too?

Thanks!

– Wes

Laura

Hello wesmward, the best option i suggest is to make the landing page the hompeage of your site, you can do this by going to your wordpress dashboard and in Settings > Reading you can se as static page your landing page.

Let me know 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

wesmward
    Participant

I know I can do that, but then ince they are logged in- if they click on the logo, they are taken back to the landing page. I don’t want that, I want them to be taken back to the Activity feed.

Andrei

Hi Mate,

Here is a function which helps you redirect people away from the front page if they are logged in.
    Add it to your functions.php file. Hope it helps.

COPY CODE

function redirect_front_page_if_logged_in(){
        if(is_user_logged_in() && is_front_page()){
            wp_redirect('activity'); // change to whatever page slug you want to redirect your users
        }
    }
    add_action('template_redirect', 'redirect_front_page_if_logged_in');

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?