This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     kellylouise007
    Participant

Hello, is there a way of creating separate “types” of users with different content in each.
    So, for example when a user registers they select if they are a buyer (user type1) / seller (user type2)

And then depending on the category they select, they would go ahead and register but only be asked to answer questions relating to them.

Then, once they have registered, Is it possible to pre-set the type of account they have. I.e User type1 has blue profile / user type2 has red profile. Obviously the content would also appear differently depending on the pre-set fields.

Sorry its a tricky one to explain, but basically I would like to give one set of users different privileges.

Thanks

twoshoes
    Participant

I agree, this would be an extremely nice and useful feature 😀 perhaps it could be a future features request? 🙂

taropaa
    Participant

Yes please! This would be most useful!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hey,
    We’ll take this in consideration for next updates

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     taropaa
    Participant

Ok, a possible workaround which may be compatible with the future version.

I use gravity forms which allows me to create user profiles. Gravity forms has conditional logic.
    So I can have one field dictate the appearance of other fields.

So for example I can have a drop down with the option seller or buyer.
    Then I have specific field sets for both which I will be displaying based on what the user selects in the drop down.
    That means that you will be ending up with empty fields.

So all that remains is to hide the empty fields (I am sure it can be done with some code if it’s not already there)…

kellylouise007
    Participant

Excellent, Thanks Guys.

jschibsted
    Participant

I need the same ability, to be able to have two different user experiences. User 1(seller) would fill out a full extended profile with its own fields to complete. User 2 (buyer) would search for user 1 profiles/fields that match their criteria. This would be a great feature to add! Again, difficult to explain what I doing but similar to kellylouise007 original post. Any other suggestions besides gravity forms?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, There is also this plugin BuddyPress user account type PRO (allows different user types)

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?