This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     clark_lai
    Participant

Hi,

By default Kleo has enabled private messaging between all members, I would like to reset it back to BuddyPress’ default which is to only allow friends to send private messages. I’m wondering how I can do that, if that option is built into Kleo already?

I read on the BuddyPress docs to add a line to the wp-config.php or bp-customphp. Will this do?

define( 'BP_MESSAGES_AUTOCOMPLETE_ALL', false );

Thanks.

sharmstr

By default BP allows messaging between *all* users, not just friends. However, the popup list (autocomplete) will only be populated with your friends. Kleo doesnt override that.

The command that you mentioned is to use when you want the autocomplete list to search all members, if set to true. It doesnt do any blocking of message sending based on friendships. There is no need to use it with Kleo if you only want friends to be displayed. (https://buddypress.org/support/topic/resolved-recipients-list-when-friend-connections-is-not-checked/)

Note: I tested all of this with 2 different themes besides Kleo before I responded, including the WP 2015 Theme.

I believe (though I’ve never used one) that there are plugins available that will stop members from messaging other members that aren’t their friend.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?