This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     rajsz
    Participant

Hi team,

I want to hide the left side menu from all the logged out users. How to do that?

sharmstr

Can I ask why? It doesnt appear that you’re letting logged out users access posts, so why not just make it a private site and add the post grid you have under your login button to your login page? That way logged out users will still see a post grid and the menu will be hidden automatically.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

rajsz
    Participant

When I add post in login page and make the latest news(post) as exception for people to access. It doesn’t allow to see the posts.

https://www.konnectstars.com/

sharmstr

It didnt the other way you had it either. That’s why I’m assuming you just wanted to show the post grid, but not give logged in users access to read the post.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

rajsz
    Participant

I do want people to access the news without logging in.

sharmstr

Okay, no problem. Like I said, it wasnt set up that way when you first posted the topic. If I clicked on a post, it would reload the home page, so I assumed you didnt want people to access the posts. Just wanted to fully understand what you were doing so I could provide the best answer.

Do you want to hide the menu items or the entire section? If you want to hide the menu items, you can do that with Nav Menu Roles. If you want to hid the entire section, I’ll have to give you custom code for that. But keep in mind that you’ll also be hiding the logo since its part of that section.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?