This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author

Tagged: 

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

http://travelcuckoo.com
    http://seventhqueen.com/themedemo/?product=sweetdate

Hello!

As you can see, the Section “Recent User Groups” on the Home Page of the Demo Themes displays in a grid. However, it does not display in a grid on my website.

Also, on my website you’ll notice that the circle that goes around the Profile picture of each of my User Groups is off center.

Any suggestions on how to fix these issues?

Thank you for your help! 🙂

jenny555
    Participant

Hi,
    try this in your style.css (child)

COPY CODE
    #groups .six.columns:nth-child(2n+1) {
        clear: right;
    }
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the code (see snap shot of how/where I added it) but it still looks the same.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     jenny555
    Participant

I think the problem is the shortcode in the home page.
    can you copy / paste here the shortcodes of your homepage?
    I try to help you. (not at private reply, because I’m not a moderator)
    (you can delete what I have told you to stick in the css)

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @jenny555

First of all, you’re awesome. Looks like the code did work, and it was actually a caching issue that kept it from showing when I first tried it. Thank you! 🙂

So, with that said, is there a way to tweak the code you provide so that it displays groups in 3 columns, instead of 2?

Or, another idea was to display the groups in a scrolling horizontally carousel that a user can manipulate, left or right? This would maximize space on the home page, and it would enable a user to search for their desired group from the home page.

Thanks for your help! 🙂

jenny555
    Participant

Hi jwchameleoncor,
    Currently, your group appear better than before, but not as it should. Do as I tell you and normally they will display correctly.
    1) remove the lines that I have said to you in your style.css
    2) Open your home page and look at the shortcode that displays the groups (at the bottom).
    I board before handling copy / paste the entire page into a file not to lose the layout, if it does not suit you

here’s shortcode as should be. by entering your text, you’ve probably change something. Either you replace your one. is looking for the errors and correcting them (if you’re afraid to make a bad manipulation).

Sorry, for the other questions, I don’t know.

[kleo_section centered=1]

[kleo_row][kleo_one][kleo_h2]Find a Travel Cuckoo Meet Up Group[/kleo_h2][/kleo_one]

[kleo_row][kleo_one][kleo_h4]Looking for other travelers in your area? Traveling somewhere you’re not familiar with? Get the details from a Travel Cuckoo Meet Up Group.[/kleo_h4][/kleo_one]

[kleo_recent_groups]

[/kleo_row]

[/kleo_section]

Laura

Thanks for your help @jenny555 🙂 Lets see if it works

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @jenny555 and @laura

Just following up on this. I tried the code and got the follow results (see attached)

Not sure why things aren’t displaying correctly, and why the circles around the group avatars on the Home Page are not outlining the avatars correctly.

@laura
    – is there a way to display the Recent Groups on the Home Page in a carousel that rotates right or left?

Thanks for your help you guys. 🙂

Jeff

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     jenny555
    Participant

Hello,
    1) remove in your css
    `#groups .six.columns:nth-child(2n+1) {
    clear: right;
    }`
    2) look for the “shortcode” that displays the groups in your homepage and replace it with

[kleo_section centered=1]

[kleo_row][kleo_one][kleo_h2]Find a Travel Cuckoo Meet Up Group[/kleo_h2][/kleo_one]

[kleo_row][kleo_one][kleo_h4]Looking for other travelers in your area? Traveling somewhere you’re not familiar with? Get the details from a Travel Cuckoo Meet Up Group.[/kleo_h4][/kleo_one]

[kleo_recent_groups]

[/kleo_row]

[/kleo_section]

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @jenny555

Yep, I already did those steps. The last picture I attached were the results.

Thanks,

Jeff

Laura

Hello @jwchameleoncorp could you share admin credentials ( a new user please ) so i can take a closer look at your code?
    ( Also i remeber you work on local so, when you have it online please 🙂 )
    Another option is to try activating main theme, check if its fixed, if so, its a change you did on child theme

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, the issue was the plugin SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle creating a conflict, i deactivated and everything looks good

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Okay, I ended up putting the groups in a more compact display with a Site Origin widget, along with all the other community features.

Thanks!

Laura

Hello, glad you could resolve it! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?