This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     Globetrekker
    Participant

I would like that my members do not have the choice to change the visibility of profile fields, and I would like the option completely hidden from them. In other words I want the “this field can be seen by: Everyone” gone. How to do this?
    Thanks a lot in advance

Radu

Hi,

You can try this css

COPY CODE
    .profile .field-visibility-settings legend, .profile .field-visibility-settings-toggle {
    display: none;
    }

The css can be added into wp-admin -> theme options -> styling options -> quick css

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Globetrekker
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks, but unfortunately it didn’t do the trick. Any other ideas?

Radu

Hi,

Try with this instead of old css

COPY CODE
    .field-visibility-settings, .field-visibility-settings-toggle, .field-visibility-settings-notoggle {
        display: none !important;
    }

Let me know

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Globetrekker
    Participant

Thanks Radu,

That worked – now members cannot edit visibility from the profile page! 🙂
    However, they can still change it from their profile settings. How do I disable this?
    Thanks

Radu

Hi,

You’re welcome

For that you will need a plugin similar to this : http://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-non-editable-profile-fields/ or if this is not what are you looking for ask on buddypress forums.

Cheers

Radu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?