This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     eric75
    Participant

dear team,

i am hosting a buddypress multisite with kleo theme (all in latest versions) on WP Engine and noticed that some plugins like

Buddyboss Media, rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress and rtMedia Activity URL Preview (maybe more)

generate double posts in Buddypress Groups Activity when for example an image is posted or a content snippet.

it seems that the WP Engine related code for Kleo is the reason for these double postings, removing the code from functions.php, posts in activity stream are correct.

this is repeatable, i also was in contact with buddyboss support to crosscheck the issue.

can you please help on that, it´s a major issue on my site if users want to post content in groups an everything gets posted multiple times..

br, Eric

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

eric75
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

Please show me the wpengine specific code please ?

It should be like this

COPY CODE

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'load_buddypress_js'  );
    function load_buddypress_js () {
    if (bp_is_group() || is_page( 'activity' )) {
    wp_enqueue_script('buddypress_query',plugins_url() . '/buddypress/bp-core/js/jquery-query.min.js',array("jquery"));
    wp_enqueue_script('buddypress_members',plugins_url() . '/buddypress/bp-core/js/widget-members.min.js',array("jquery"));
    wp_enqueue_script('buddypress_cookie',plugins_url() . '/buddypress/bp-core/js/jquery-cookie.min.js',array("jquery"));
    wp_enqueue_script('buddypress_scroll', plugins_url() . '/buddypress/bp-core/js/jquery-scroll-to.min.js', array("jquery"));
    wp_enqueue_script('buddypress_js',get_template_directory_uri() . '/buddypress/js/buddypress.min.js',array("jquery"));
    }
    }

But if you delete the code form functions you are able to post and comment to buddypress activity etc?

Anyway the compat code it’s between buddypress and wp engine not between kleo and wp engine you can ask the wpengine support about that

Let me know

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     eric75
    Participant

Hi Radu,

yes, that´s the code i have in my functions.php, as described on one of your support sites.

if i remove the code, the described plugins work fine, no double and triple postings, don´t know if there is any other impact…

i did not find the code on wp engine site, do you know where it comes from, maybe it´s an old requirement?

i´ll try to reach wp engine support to verify.

br, Eric

eric75
    Participant

i checked with wp engine support, they don´t know where this requirement comes from..
    strange..

Radu

I think it’s an old requirement

Just remove the code if without it works as it should

Cheers
    R.

eric75
    Participant

yep, i am testing at the moment..
    tnx

Radu

Ok let me know

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?