This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     mtgame21
    Participant

Sorry if this is a stupid question……
    I having a difficult time installing KLEO on localhost. Been a long time since I installed KLEO from scratch (only time before was on a hosting site) and not just an update 🙂

I downloaded the KLEO theme (all files and documentation) from Envato. I extract the zip file to a folder and the “WordPress” folder inside is listed in green text in explorer, which I believe means encrypted. Inside the folder I see a green kleo and kleo-child folder in green. Do I need to turn of the “encrypt” attribute of the kleo zip file before I select it when uploading a new theme? Either way, I keep getting “please try again” errors.

I then tried extracting the kleo folder and then manually copying the kleo folder to my WordPress themes folder. That actually worked and I was able activate it and to install plugins. But then I had the same problem described above when I tried to install the kleo-child theme. I keep getting “please try again” errors for the child theme install.

Then I extracted it, and manually copied the kleo-child folder to the themes directory. However, when I go on the dashboard themes to activate it, it shows an error that its “broken” and cant find parent theme…etc.

What step did I miss or do wrong?
    Also, I was able to select some random new theme from the “popular” list and install that just to confirm I could.

Radu

Hi,

Here is a video tutorial with kleo theme installation and setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1fLpukxW5s

Regarding the issue with child theme, make sure that there is not arhive in archive in this case you will receive please try again or broken.

You can install the child theme manually by pasting the child theme folder into themes directory

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#install-from-ftp

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mtgame21
    Participant

“Regarding the issue with child theme, make sure that there is not arhive in archive in this case you will receive
    please try again or broken.”

Which folder path do I look for this?

mtgame21
    Participant

Nevermind the above post, I got it too work.

My problem was when I manually copyied of the main KLEO theme folder, I copied over the top KLEO folder that had sub folders KLEO and _MACOSX in it. Once I copied over the sub folder KLEO only, then I was able to install the Child theme via the dashboard or manually copying it over and it worked.

Thanks.

Radu

You’re welcome

I will mark the topic as resolved

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?