This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     dtalton1607
    Participant

I followed your code edit found here (https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/show-featured-image-full-width-content-area) for placing featured images above the content area, however the image also displays in the content area’s default location for the featured image. So what I end up getting is two displays of the same featured image in the post. How would I only show the full-width above-content area featured image?

Laura

Hello, can you share a screenshot of the picture that you want to hide?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

dtalton1607
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Yes I certainly can. Let me grab that for you and I will add it to this post chain.

dtalton1607
    Participant

I have attached a screenshot to this post

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     dtalton1607
    Participant

As you can see the code produces the featured image in full-width format above the content, but also leaves another instance of the featured image where it usually displays in the content.

Laura

Hello i see now, please share access and i will give you the proper css code 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

mgkdes2001
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     dtalton1607
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, sorry for the late reply, what do you think about this idea?
    There is a plugin that forces users to complete their profile once they register, so, after they login, they would be redirected to their profile page to fill their fields.
    The plugin is:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-force-profile/

To change the create an account link, follow these steps:
    Go to wp-content/themes/sweetdate/page-parts and copy the file general-login-modal.php
    Now go to wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/ create a folder and name it page-parts and then paste general-login-modal.php there.

Edit general-login-modal.php and find:

COPY CODE

<a href="#"><?php _e("CREATE NEW ACCOUNT", 'kleo_framework');?></a>

Replace with

COPY CODE

<a href="URL TO YOUR MEMBERSHIPS LEVEL PAGE"><?php _e("CREATE NEW ACCOUNT", 'kleo_framework');?></a>

And add the url

Again, i am very sorry for the late reply, hope this helps
    Let me know 🙂

dtalton1607
    Participant

Can I please get a reply to my question (the one about duplicate featured images that this post was originally intended for before being hijacked by another person who had a completely different topic)?

Also in the future please stress with other members that if they have problems they need to create their own ticket instead of taking over someone else’s. It creates unnecessary issues and is quite frankly rude.

Thank you.

Laura

Hello, of course, i am so sorry about that, tried to add the code but it didnt work, can you add it back? i will delete the duplicated image
    To delete the code, edit the code i added at functions.php of child theme.
    I added

COPY CODE

add_action('kleo_before_main', 'sq7rdu_show_featured_before_content');
    function sq7rdu_show_featured_before_content() {
        if (is_single()) {
            if (has_post_thumbnail()) {
                echo '<div class="fullwidth-image-before-content">';
                echo the_post_thumbnail('full');
                echo '</div>';
            }
        }
    }

dtalton1607
    Participant

Hi Laura,

It’s no problem at all. Having a post change topic like that creates issues which is why support post hijacking is so frustrating. I don’t blame you by any means.

The code you suggested was what I already have in my functions.php file and is creating the duplicate featured image. I did open the file and remove the code snippet you installed, but left the snippet I had entered previously. Sadly the duplicate featured image remains an issue.

Any other thoughts on how we can fix this?

Laura

Hello, try by adding this to style.css of child theme 🙂

COPY CODE

.article-media img:first-child {
        display: none !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

dtalton1607
    Participant

Thank you Laura!

Laura

Glad to help 🙂

Laura

Also, please rate us 5 stars at themeforest, it would help a lot!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?