This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     ethernity4ever
    Participant

Allright here is the situation.

On any normal wordpress website, if a user has access to edit a page, there is a EDIT button on the bottom of the page. However, when i switch over to KLEO, that button is gone, any idea how i can get that edit button back to use the front end visual conposer to allow user to edit that page?

Radu

Hi,

Add the attached file after you unzip it to wp-content/themes/kleo-child/page-parts/

Note: Kleo child theme needs to be installed and activated

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ethernity4ever
    Participant

Hey there, it’s me again,

While I managed to get almost everything working, theres a thing thats bugging me deeply.

1. On the bottom of the page i have 2 links now Edit This AND Edit with visual composer.
    Is it possible to hide the default Edit this link, and just keep the visual composer one?

2. I disabled backend editor in VC and the frontend editor is working properly, however, it still displays a “edit” button while editing a page that takes the user back to the dashboard.
    Can this button somehow be disabled? I have locked the dashboard for the user and he cant do anything there, but the button is still annoying and confuses people.

ethernity4ever
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     ethernity4ever
    Participant

Any updates on this one?

Radu

Just remove the file that i have provided to you if you want to remove the edit link that you have asked for.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     ethernity4ever
    Participant

Apparently I have not made myself clear.

I will attach a few screen shots later to better explain my issues.

Radu

ok

ethernity4ever
    Participant

I have added 2 screen shots to better explain the situation.

Scr1:

The Edit this button on the bottom leads to the WP-admin page (dont need that one)

The Edit with visual composer one starts up the frontend and that one i need.

The scr2:

The edit button leads to wp-admin page, its basically useless but confuses people since the wp-admin is blocked. I only need the update button to show.

You can use the login info provided earlier to check it out.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

For the edit link from the scr1.jpg you can get rid of the edit link by following the next steps :

– Copy this file from : /wp-content/themes/kleo/content.php
    – Paste the file to : /wp-content/themes/kleo-child/content.php
    – Open the file fom this location /wp-content/themes/kleo-child/content.php and adound line 48 remove this line ‘, ‘‘); ?>

For the second screenshot there is no quick solution to achieve that because that button doesn’t have a unique class or id

Cheers
    R.

ethernity4ever
    Participant

Ok thanks so much 🙂 this will help also. atleast i can prevent misunderstandings with 2 edit buttons on the same page 🙂

Thanks again for the support, you rly are the best, and have proven it many many times already!

Keep up the good work,

Best regards!

ethernity4ever
    Participant

Update:

Tried the solution above, the link is still showing. No success 🙁

Radu

Hi,

If you add at the start of the file something like

COPY CODE
    <h1>T E S T</h1>

You are able to see the H1 T E S T in page ? if not it means that the file it’s not rewriten, and you should make sure if you have child theme installed and activated or the folder names are correct

Cheers
    R.

Radu

Hi,

COPY CODE
    <h1>T E S T</h1>

You are able to see the H1 T E S T in page ? if not it means that the file it’s not rewriten, and you should make sure if you have child theme installed and activated or the folder names are correct

Cheers
    R.

Radu

Hi,

COPY CODE
    <h1>T E S T</h1>

Cheers
    R.

ethernity4ever
    Participant

It doesnt show.

The file is copied in the correct place. I have tried removing the piece of code from KLEO theme also, and the CHILD theme, still showing everything.

ethernity4ever
    Participant

Update:

So on the page “posts-social-share.php” instead of the code you gave me, i put “edit_post_link(”, ‘<p>’, ‘</p>’);”

And now the default Edit is hidden. its still there, but cant be clicked on and is not visible.

I also kept the line of code deleted from the content.php

Everything seems to be working now 🙂

Radu

Great

Cheers
    R.

Radu

Great

Cheers
    R.

Radu

Great

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?