This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by 5high-photohub.

• Author
     5high-photohub
    Participant

Hi there,

I’d like to edit the text in the user profile > Change profile photo > in the blockquote and the text underneath it (Click below to select a JPG, GIF or PNG format photo from your computer and then click ‘Upload Image’ to proceed.) – screenshot inc.

Not sure of this is governed by the Kleo theme or the standard BP templates (though it looks too sophisticated for just BP!).

Could you point me in the right direction for this?

Many thanks,

Jenny

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hello,

You can edit or translate that string by using Codestyling localization.

Go to WP-ADMIN -> Tools -> Localization -> Buddypress ( see screenshot )

After you translate/change that text, press generate mo file.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     5high-photohub
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Nothing like that in my wp admin > Tools! I’ve had a search and think maybe you’re using the plugin ‘Codestyling Localization’? as it looks like this in the screenshots. Unfortunately it hasn’t been updated in over 2 years so maybe an issue now BP has done some major upgrades recently??? What do you think?

I am however trying to change things via the BP bp-languages.po files. Would these changes be in there too? Or is there an easier option that I’m missing?

Cheers,
    J

5high-photohub
    Participant

Update: this info may be of use to others looking to change various text in BP, so I thought I’d share it here. All the info is out there, but some now a bit out of date and some with only part of the info, so this is what I’ve found useful and the various references I’ve used…

To change text/labels in BP it’s definitely worth creating a .po and .mo file, as per the BP docs here: https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/customizing/customizing-labels-messages-and-urls/

1. find the file buddypress.pot in wp-content/plugins/buddypress
    2. copy it and rename it buddypress-en_US.po
    3. download a copy of this file to your pc, via FTP, for editing (and as backup)
    4. download the poedit software to use on your pc – links in BP page above
    5. open your buddypress-en_US.po file in poedit by clicking Open (open catalog)
    6. find the word or text string you need with edit > find
    7. wherever you want to change the text just add what you want in the ‘Translation’ bit under the Source text box, and keep going through it till all changed.
    8. click Save – this saves your .po file AND a copy as a .mo file (apparently a .mo file is for machines only so don’t expect tp be able to read it)
    9. either in your cpanel or via FTP create a new folder titled ‘plugins’ in wp-content (if there isn’t one already there) so it’s now wp-content/languages/plugins
    10. upload both the newly edited .po and .mo files to wp-content/languages/plugins
    11. clear your cache on your page to view your new edits – perfect every time!

refs: http://www.buddyboss.com/support-forums/topic/change-profile-labels/
    https://wpalchemists.com/2014/05/buddypress-translation-files/
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/basic-guide-to-creating-a-buddypress-language-file-for-sitewide-label-and-message-editing/

When I first read the BP docs (top link) it all sounded a bit too daunting; but when I realised that it was the only real solution to lots of small changes i needed to make, I just had to give it a go – and Voila! definitely a good decision!

Cheers,
    Jenny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?