This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     alex534
    Participant

How do I go about editing a Kleo widget in the child theme?

Specifically, I want to edit the label in the [Kleo] About Us widget that’s above the social media icons. I just need to edit the text from “Stay in touch” to “Get connected”

I see the file in the main theme at framework > widgets > widget_about_us.php and I see the label on line 52, but I want to edit this on my child theme so that when I update the parent theme, my edit doesn’t go away.

I tried playing around with unregistering this script then registering an identical one in my child theme location, but that caused major problems so I reverted back. I’m not sure what to do.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, If you just want want to rename “Stay in touch” to something else then you should translate that field to your desired one using a plugin like Codestyling Localization. It doesn’t matter if you are using English as your site language or other language.
    To change other functionality in the widget you should create a clone of that with other class names and widget name and de-register that if you want

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?