This topic has 17 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years by adam.

• Author
     Anonymous
    Inactive

I am attempting to move the logo, menu, and login/sign up buttons into the header. I have removed all the code that fills it with the social network and other details.

Everything has worked well. Except for one problem, I have lost the image background on my front page. It shows up on a cell phone or iPad (works when the page is shrunk), but when normal size, the register form, etc, bleed into the code under the Home page.

I hope I am clear enough.

Here is my edited Header.php.

http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=hjkYdqdW

Any ideas on how to bring the image back to normal and behind the register form? I can send you a screenshot of how it looks now and how I want it to look.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

The reason I am doing this is because I want to have just a bar of color at the top with my menu on top of it. Then I want to use my background image just for the page.

I want it to look like this:

SQadmin
    Keymaster

You have removed the div id=”header” which should be there for the styling to apply.
    Make sure you modify the header.php in your child theme so when you update to a newer version of sweetdate you won’t lose your settings.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Anonymous
    Inactive

Got it! As for child theme, should I just delete header.php in my main folder and just copy it to my child theme folder? I’m new to the concept.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

No, don’t delete anything from main theme.
    Copy/paste any file you want to alter to the child theme.
    The whole idea of the main(parent) theme is that is should remain intact and all changes are done in the child theme. This way you will be able to update with newer versions easily without comparing files and other complicated stuff 🙂

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, should I paste it to a new file called header.php in the Child theme folder?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Side question: when I moved everything into my header, it looks great! The only issue I’ve run into is losing the white text inside of my Sign Up/Log Out button.

How can I customize the text color inside of the Sign Up/Log Out button? All the other buttons work fine.

I’ve looked everywhere in App.css but can’t seem to find it. I know it’s linked to the Styling Options under Sweetdate, but like I said, all the other buttons work fine except for this one.

Any ideas?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Yes

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Those buttons take the styles configured for Secondary buttons under Sweetdate -> Styling options. so make sure you set the text color properly

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right, and it is configured correctly. All the other buttons work fine, except the text is the same color as the background of the Sign Up/Log Out button. I am unsure why though, I don’t know what I could have configured inside of the header to have changed that…

Any ideas?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

I don’t know how you configured it. give us a link to your site.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a way I can email it to you? I’d rather not have the site public yet.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Sure: themesupport@seventhqueen.com

adam
    Participant

Hi @sqadmin – I also moved my logo, menu, and login buttons to the top social bar and am having the same problem as @tcibene where the login/profile button text on the left is fine, but the signup/logout text on the button on the right has disappeared (font is red when I hover over it). Do you know how to fix this? Also, I need to move my logo image up slightly to align with the menu, do you know where in the CSS I can accomplish this? Thanks for your help!

adam
    Participant

I was able to move the logo up by adding margin-top to the css like this:
    #logo img {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    margin-top: -20px;
    }
    Still can’t figure out why the text for the right signup/logout button has disappeared in the top social bar (it’s supposed to be white which I set in styling). The background of the button is blue.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi @adam,
    You need to add this css to Sweetdate – Styling options – Quick css since it takes styling from the top-link section:

COPY CODE
    .top-links a.button {color: #f00056;}

gideon1210
    Participant

Hi everytime i put the menu and the login buttons in the header the menu appears on the line above the buttons is there anyway of putting them on the same line like in the pic above

adam
    Participant

hi @gideon – you may need to change your div classes. here is a link to my header.php code if it helps:

http://pastebin.com/aDDivEeS

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Editing Header.php’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?