This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     trojantech
    Participant

Hi,

I am close to launching my new site but one of last issues is with the profile menu. I need to re-order the menu so some links show before others and I want to add an extra ‘edit profile’ link.

See the screenshot:

You will see which menu I am referring to, could you please tell me in which file I can edit this menu.

Thanks,

TT

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     jenny555
    Participant

Hi, I know that there is a buddypress extension that does this, but I do not remember where it is. looking into wordpress extentions.

jenny555
    Participant

in wordpress plugins (extension = plugin)

jenny555
    Participant

Hi, If you have not found a plugin, follow this LINK, sqadmin and abe have explained how to change the “Buddypress” menu.

trojantech
    Participant

Hi,

I have followed the instructions in the link you have given me and it doesnt change the menu, it simply adds the code to the top of the website. see here: http://www.explicitpassions.com/

jenny555
    Participant

Hi,
    1) to order the menu buddypress, download the attached plugin.
    2) you can use loco translate to rename the tabs.
    3) for adding tabs, there are plugins, but they are no longer updated. the plugin I mentioned at the beginning, did whatever you wanted, but it no longer works with the latest versions of buddypress (the name of the plugin is: BP custom menu profile).
    Bye!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     trojantech
    Participant

Hi,

The reorder tabs plugin lets me reorder the top level links but for the order i need it doesnt allow me to edit enough.

So I guess my question now is:

Is it possible to edit the profile menu if I hire a buddypress professional? If so is there anyone on this site whom I can hire to make these changes?

TT

Laura

Hello, can you share with me the order that you want so i can give you a code? Right now you can only reorder the top menu links.
    We could reorder some using css… but i need to know what to order.
    Also, to add some new tabs, i need to know what tabs and what content do you want in them?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

trojantech
    Participant

Hi,

The content of the tabs already exists as the tabs exist in differnet pages. I want the menu to order like this:

Activity . View Profile . Edit Profile .Photos .Edit Photos . Upgrade Membership .

Thanks

TT

Laura

Hello,Could you share an user so i can test it?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

trojantech
    Participant

Hi,

I may have found a solution to this problem.

I am still testing but if successful i will post solution to help future queires of this kind.

TT

Laura

Hello, great 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?