This topic has 31 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     lumberjack
    Participant

Hi,

A combination of editor and keymaster is not showing the top toolbar for editing when viewing site.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     lumberjack
    Participant

HELLO!

Laura

Hello, can you explain a bit more the issue? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

lumberjack
    Participant

Hi,

If you are logged in as a user with the access of “editor” and “keymaster” you cannot see the top toolbar, you cant access the dashboard.

Please see screenshots above and use the login details provided above to see issue.

Thanks.

Laura

Hello, you can access the backend using the wp-admin url, domain.com/wp-admin
    At theme options check if you have the admin bar disabled. But they can always use the url 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

lumberjack
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry, you cant!

Admin bar is selected to show in theme options AND user profile!

Please login and see the issue for yourself, no more guesswork please. I know have a client who is quite upset!

PLEASE LOGIN AND FIX THIS ISSUE.

lumberjack
    Participant

We have user “aaa” setup as just a simple editor, and when logged in it DOES NOT SHOW TOP TOOL BAR???

Tool bar only shows for admins, we need it to show for etitors and keymasters.

lumberjack
    Participant

Have gone through all plugins, disabled and enabled one by one to find issue and woocommerce is causing the issue, can you please fix this.

lumberjack
    Participant

As you can see below, the login bar shows when woocommerce is deactivated and when logged in you can see the bar.

When woocommerce is activated the bar disappears, which should be the way, but doesn’t show when logged in under the credentials above.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     lumberjack
    Participant

HELLO!!!!!!

lumberjack
    Participant

HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!! HELLO !!!

Laura

Hello, sorry for the late reply, please wait for an answer before posting more as our system orders the topics by delay on response and if you post after a day without a reply then our system counts your last post and moves your topic to the bottom of the list.
    About your issue, i have reviewed it and i couldnt even login to the backend, then i suppose the user you shared with me is not an admin and also seems like your website might be running some access restriction plugin, maybe a private plugin.

Please do the following steps and let me know:
    1- Deactivate all plugins that are not required by the theme
    2- Test if you still have the same issues
    3- If its indeed a woocommerce issue, please try using a default wordpress theme to see if the plugin its related to the theme or any custom code added to the child theme.
    4- Provide me with admin credentials if nothing of the above works. By admin credentials i mean access to wp-admin, backend

Thanks you and again, sorry for the delayed response. 🙂

lumberjack
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

lumberjack
    Participant

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS THE SUPPORT, THIS IS SO NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Radu

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply…

Please add this to your child theme functions.php and let me know i this is not works, please provide ftp to

COPY CODE
    add_action('after_setup_theme', 'add_admin_bar_for_editors');

function add_admin_bar_for_editors() {
        if (current_user_can('editor') ) {
            show_admin_bar(true);
        }
    }

Let me know

Cheers

Radu

lumberjack
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry, this did not work…

Radu

Hi again,

Add this to your wp-config.php

define( 'BP_USE_WP_ADMIN_BAR', true );

If it not works please provide admin credentials and ftp

Cheers

lumberjack
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

Check now, it works, i’ve used this function

COPY CODE
    add_action('after_setup_theme', 'add_admin_bar_for_editors');

function add_admin_bar_for_editors() {
        if (current_user_can('editor') ) {
            add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_true');
            show_admin_bar(true);
        }
    }

After any code modification all cache needs to be cleared

Cheers

Radu

lumberjack
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you, the top bar is now showing, BUT when you click on “Dashboard” It does not show the “Dashboard” for editing, it takes you to the “frontend” account details. We need the top bar to show so we can access the “Dashboard”.

We always clear the cache when updating code and plugins.

Can you please investigate further.

Thanks.

Radu

Hi,

I see that, that is not a default behaviour of Kleo theme, i suggest you to disable all additional plugins then clear server cache if you have, then check again the editor role behaviour, if the editor can access the dashboard, enable plugins one by one to identify what causes this

Cheers

Radu

lumberjack
    Participant

Hi,

Yep, as mentioned many times before we have done this already and found the issue with the woocom plugin, which is a recommended plugin with Kleo.

Can you please read earlier replies above and investigate further.

Thanks.

Radu

Hi again,

I’ve tested on my install this, and for the editor role the top bar is visible by default and if i deactivate the woocommerce is no different all are fine, i think your problem is caused by some settings that you have made in user role plugin or something similar and also i think is the editor role does not have permission to manage the content and i recommend you to look in user role plugin for at editor for an permission named something like “manage content or edit content or read content or all of these”

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/reset-in-user-role-editor-lost-access

If you will reset all the permissions for the roles, please make a db backup before.

You can also try in a staging install to see if you will disable/enable the woocommerce the editor role will look the same

Cheers

Radu

lumberjack
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks for all your help, it is really appreciated, looks like we found the issue.

Cheers…

Radu

Hi Jack,

You’re welcome

What was the issue exactly, i’m curious ? The permissions for roles was messed up ?

Have a nice week

Cheers

lumberjack
    Participant

Hi Dadu,

We were running 2 editor roll plugins as one was not working as it should so we added the other one to get the result we needed. For some reason after an update the the WP front user rol editor after an update “wigged out”. so we reset all the permissions and it fixed it, but still not to where we needed. So we deleted it and just run the other one and all is OK, but still not what we need, but it is working at least.

Thanks again.

Radu

Hi again,

Thank you for the explanation

Have a nice week

Cheers

Radu

lumberjack
    Participant
     Radu

Maybe the bbpress roles has deleted somehow , follow this answer : https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/keymaster-role-not-available/#post-139457

Cheers

R.

lumberjack
    Participant

Hey R,

Thanks for the reply, followed above, but we just cant get it to work? We even have the bbpress setting to:

Auto role – Automatically give registered visitors the “participant” forum role and this does not work?

Really appreciate your help, driving me nuts!!!

Thanks.

Radu

Hi again,

Please expose your problem into bbpress support forums , it seems to be 100% related to bbpress.

You can try to make a test, do a staging server and install the theme and bbpress to see if you still have the problems, it should be ok, most probably one of your plugins that control user roles has messed this up.

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?