This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     jnevent
    Participant

When the user registers with Facebook for the first time, there is a possibility to enter a diisplay name. The problem is that the display name is filled in with the username by defualt and I would like it to be empty.
    What file handles the input of display name?

sharmstr

The FB registration code is in /kleo-framework/function-facebook-login.php.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jnevent
    Participant

But that includes only the welcome message and menu. I want to access the file that handles display name. I believe its BuddyPress but do you know what file it is?

sharmstr

I dont understand what you mean. The FB registration is not a default BP function. It was created by Kleo. The fb registration function is in the file I’ve provided. The display name variable is set on line 217

Now, whether or not BP will throw an error when you pass a blank field is the question. You’ll have to ask the on the BP forums how to get past that if it does.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jnevent
    Participant

I found it now.

Do you know a way to make the display textfield blank instead of automatically fill it with the username as it is now?

sharmstr

Sorry, I dont.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?