This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     ALIGNMT
    Participant

Account login no longer works from /my-account page -> it now gives the user this error: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
    I haven’t knowingly changed any settings on the site to cause this. It was working with both social login and new account creation until recently. Please help.
    http://unionir.com

sharmstr

That’s usually an indication of a mis configuration caused by a plugin or in your .htaccess file. Take a look at the second half of this article: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-error-too-many-redirects-issue-in-wordpress/

Unrelated, but I see that you’re not on Kleo 3.0.4. You should upgrade.

You can also try using the Kleo login modal for logging in. You can add it by going to Appearance > Menus > Kleo > Login.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ALIGNMT
    Participant

Looks like Paid Memberships Pro (a Kleo recommended plugin) is causing this redirect error. Do you have any insights as to a fix? Thank you.

sharmstr

Respond privately with admin credentials. You probably have it configured wrong.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ALIGNMT
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I cant reproduce the issue. I can get to /my-account/ without loggin in and after logging in. What am I missing to reproduce?

ALIGNMT
    Participant

You would have to activate Paid Memberships Pro as admin. Logout as admin and click the My Account link on the home page to login as a user and it should hang for a while then show an error page (depending on browser).

sharmstr

Duh! Let me try. Sorry.

sharmstr

Hmmm. I have both plugins running fine on my sites and both my-account and membership-account are both accessible. The difference is that I’m not running a lot of the plugins you are AND I’m on Kleo 3.0.4. You are on Kleo 3.0.3.

Since it happens with the WP 2015 Theme (Kleo disabled) its not a Kleo issue. I’d start looking for other plugin conflicts.

ALIGNMT
    Participant

Where do I get Kleo 3.0.4?

sharmstr

Download from theme forest. There was an issue with Themeforest code changes that made it so it was impossible (in most cases) to auto update 3.0.3 to 3.0.4.

Also, if you google woo my account redirect, there are some plugin that had issues with woo changing to endpoints. If I were you, I’d update Kleo just to get that out of the way. Then I’d disable all plugins except K-elements, VC, Woo and PMPro. See if you still have the issue. If not, then start enabling the other plugins one by one, checking each time. You dont even have to login each time. Just try to access /my-account.

ALIGNMT
    Participant

Thank you for the guidance, but how can I tell what version of Kleo is in my themeforest/downloads? The file name is the same from months ago to now, perhaps regardless of Kleo version?

I am using Kleo parent and child. Do I only need to update Kleo parent to 3.0.4? How do I do that? Do I need to delete Kleo parent theme and install 3.0.4 parent?

Please advise on the steps to update Kleo to 3.0.4. Thank you.

sharmstr

There is a sticky topic and its always in the documentation: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

ALIGNMT
    Participant

I’ve updated to Kleo 3.0.6, disabled all of the plugins not recommeded for the theme and still have the redirect error when Paid Memberships Pro is activated. Please help.

sharmstr

I’ve done extensive testing on your site. It still happens with the WP 2015 Theme enabled, so its not Kleo. I created a test account page called kleo-test that will show the woo account page. The issue seems to be when woo wants to take over the my-account slug because if I change the setting in woo to use kleo-test, then the redirect happens again. Maybe try reinstalling woo? Have you asked woo about it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?