This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by csloan.

• Author
     csloan
    Participant

For some reason none of my Essential Grid blocks are showing despite the short codes being in place and THEY HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE; THEY SHOWED WITHOUT ISSUE BEFORE, BUT TODAY, SUDDENLY, THEY DO NOT.   See attached screen shots.

http://www.freedomleaf.com/freedom-leaf-magazine/

Also not showing is the image at the bottom of the page above the footer.  But only on the page listed above.  The only thing I did, that seemed to cause this, was change the name of the page (it used to be called “homepageredo”…I changed it to “Freedom Leaf Magazine” because I am wanting to make this our new home page design.)  When I changed the name of the page, I also made it our home page.  But when I noticed that none of the Essential Grid sections were showing I changed it back to our old home page.

Everything else shows on the page, just not the essential grid blocks and the image above the footer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ARCHE
    Participant

Hello,

I believe we are encountering some similar issues, so I would be interested also to receive an answer about your post. My problem is described here.

I find that in both cases the Grid element doesn’t show at it should on specific web browser(s). In my case, it doesn’t show well on Safari, while it does on Chrome and Mozilla. In your case for some reason, it seems the opposite: it shows well on Safari while not on Chrome. Please check screenshots.

safari1
    safari2

I did everything suggested in my thread but nothing worked so far.

ARCHE
    Participant

I am attaching again the images that seemed corrupt in my previous msg:

safari1
    safari2

ARCHE
    Participant
     csloan
    Participant

Ah! Interesting! I have only checked Chrome (my usual browser) and Firefox. Neither show up. Odd thing is they did used to show, and the only thing I did was change the name of the page and make it my home page in the reading settings. After checking it and seeing the missing grids, I changed the home page back to the original designed page.

Thanks for showing me this and adding to the ticket!

csloan
    Participant

5 Days and no response from support? What’s up??

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Your topic skipped the queue since there was a new reply from another member.

Have you looked for JS errors on the page? try to load it on a single page and try to disable plugins to make sure nothing is causing this.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

csloan
    Participant

I’m not sure if the JS errors I am seeing are the cause…and even how to fix them (if I’m looking at the right back-end panel for these errors). Seems that there are 2….one related to my ad block plugin (Ads 2 Pro), which the page worked fine with the ads and that plugin activated before. But I did nonetheless try deactivating the plugin and it did not fix the issue. I re-activated it now….as it what serves our ads.

The other error seems to maybe be related to a specific font not loading, “waiting for the sunrise” Not sure how to fix that.

Other than that, I have no idea what else the problem could be. I thought maybe it was related to not being up to date, but now the theme has been updated.

The page again is: http://www.freedomleaf.com/freedom-leaf-magazine/

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I am looking at your page but the elements are working..

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

csloan
    Participant

Weird. Now it works. Must have been the very latest update (4.6.1.2) that fixed it.

Thanks

csloan
    Participant

Re-opening this ticket, as the Essential Grid elements are not showing again on the home page of FreedomLeaf.com. It seems, in reviewing this post, that it was the theme update that fixed the issue. I thought maybe that was it again this time, but just updated to 4.1.7 and issue still there. I have tried disabling several plugins and no luck. Tried different browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, no luck. Deleted cache on both the site and the browser and still no luck. Visual composer was updated as well with the theme update.

There should be an essential grid (of about 5 or so posts) beneath the blue titles “Fresh off the Press”, “Free The Leaf” “Entertainment” and “Changing Lives” You can see these titles but it’s empty space beneath each.

So no idea what the issue is now.

Abe
    Keymaster

HI there, sorry for the late reply. It seems that the posts are now showing. Updating Visual composer to latest version fixed it?

---

csloan
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Yes, about 2-3 days after I posted about this issue again, the essential grid blocks started showing up again. No idea what was blocking them before. No, it was not an update to VC, because I did that update immediately after updating Kleo to .7 ver. and they still were not showing.

I honestly had just left the site alone, no updates to plugins, not even posted any new stories. Nothing. And it just fixed itself. Very strange.

Despite it working well now, I would like to figure out the cause so when it happens again, I know why. But it’s difficult to diagnose it when it’s working….and I’d rather not risk breaking it again somehow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?