This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by STIX FX Entertainment.

• Author

Good evening. I have purchased this theme (a while ago) and I am about ready to poke around in it and see what it can do for me and for the websites I build for my clients.

One type of client website I require is one with a news feed present. Here is one of my client websites: http://benrhodes.com/ … can Kleo do something close to this, and is there an example of a website with a news feed that showcases this?

Also, I just relaunched a test website for my cat under a different theme, but it seems to have some issues with mobile viewing, and I haven’t been able to get the theme creator to correct it yet. This has forced me to look at Kleo for possibly my “theme” to convert all my client websites over to, as long as everything works right. This is the website: http://9willrise.com/ … with Kleo, is that look and feel possible?

Also, I have a few websites ( http://www.edwardsequipmentrepair.com/ … not wordpress, and http://ashleycram.com/, which is wordpress ) that are currently just one page websites. Are there examples of things Kleo can do close to this or better / enhanced?

If I had one theme I worked in for all my client sites that I could make each look different enough to not be accused of creating the same look and feel for all client sites, it would make my life easier. Kleo seems to have it all, just need to check on a few of these things before I pull the trigger.

sharmstr

Hello. I’m going to jump in here, though you’ll receive a better answer from the Kleo team. I’m only jumping in because I know Abe is working really hard on a new plugin for the member profiles that everyone has been asking for.

Okay. So I looked at your first example. Those ‘news feeds’ look like nothing more than posts. Is that correct? There’s several ways to show the latest posts on a page. In looking for examples on the kleo demo site, I just realized that there isnt many examples of a page with posts.

If we break the page into sections and their corresponding VC shortcodes.

Top Menu – Kleo has it
    Transparent main menu that’s sticky. Kleo has it.
    Revolution Slider – No problem.
    Logos Banner: Row split into 4 sections with the single image shortcode in each one.
    Left 2/3 Posts: Post grid shortcode
    Right 1/3: Twitter feed (i’m sure there is a plugin for that), Some text fields with styled headers & video player shortcode
    Row split into 3 columns each with a video player shortcode
    Another row split into 3 columns with video.

Its a standard stuff with kleo. This took me less than 5 minutes. Its not complete, but should give you an idea: http://dev.sharmstr.com/news-feed-example/

Look at the kleo demo site using your phone and see for yourself.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

I’d also like to clarify that you can make it look a lot better than my sample. I was merely showing you how easy it is to add functionality. 😀

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr, thank you for the replies, and I really appreciate you taking the time to work up that example.

You are correct, it is just taking from the posts section. And being that (as you mentioned) the Kleo demo doesn’t really show what it looks like with a posts feed in there, I wasn’t sure if it was possible (figured it was, but not sure how it would look or work).

I have a license, so tomorrow I will be installing and testing on a dev server to see if I can get some desired looks with what I am trying to accomplish.

Again, thanks … and expect more questions in the near future. Hopefully you and the rest of the staff here will keep up with the quick responses. I have been very frustrated for months by spending a lot of money on multiple themes (of elite authors too) only to find bugs and the customer service not really caring to take the time to fix, or even respond!

sharmstr

All of that was built with Visual Composer. You should read up on how that works. It will take a few hours for you to get used to. Even though they have a front end editor, I never use it. The backend editor has always been more reliable. Read the Kleo documentation. They have built in many many ways to customize the theme (at the site level and down to the page level). Biggest issues is people dont know / forget that most of the configuration you can do on the backend (site level) can also be done at the page level. If something isnt working as expected on a page, that’s probably why.

And search search search.

Hey sharmstr, I am really digging this theme! Still poking around, and a lot to poke around with, which is a good thing!

Question. Do you know a way to adjust the size of each sidebar when using the two sidebar look? I know you can set the percentage of the main versus the two sidebars, but nothing for each sidebar. They appear to be identical size. For instance, I might want a 50% main, 20% left and 30% right sidebar look. Attached is an example of one sidebar being smaller than the other.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

I dont know off the top of my head. I vaguely remember something about that being discussed here. Did you search? If you can’t find anything, let me know and I’ll have a look… but probably not until tomorrow.

I tried a few search terms, but didn’t find anything. Let me know if you find anything or find anything out.

Thanks!

sharmstr

I haven’t fully tested it, but try

COPY CODE

.sidebar.sidebar-main.col-sm-3.sidebar-3rr {
    width: 20%;
    }

.sidebar.sidebar-extra.col-sm-3.sidebar-3rr {
    width: 30%;
    }

Hey sharmstr, sorry for the delay. I have been really playing around with the theme. I did try that code … it seemed to work on the PC version, but mobile version it did some screwy things, so I am not going to worry about it at the moment.

BUT …

See what you think! http://www.9willrise.com (if you do not see a version with a slider at the top, the DNS hasn’t updated).

sharmstr

Seeeeeee. Pretty easy, right? (I can say that since I dont work here. lol)

I’ll take a look on the mobile later.

Shhhh .. don’t tell too many people. It will put my business out of business if people knew how cool and easy it is. haha

The mobile and tablet versions looks good. There are a few things I need to figure out yet though. One is the size of the images on my sidebars. They do not span out the width of the cell phone or tablet, and reside on the left side a bit. It still looks great though.

And honestly, I have just scratched the surface with understanding what all it can do. From what I have seen though, this is my new theme I will develop for all my client websites!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?